now this is a nice z project...

S30Z Bushido

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Well, I've been flat out like a lizard drinking these past nights doing alot of rubbing down & smoothing out of the Z trying to get it as straight as possible (my arms have just about dropped off) & lay down the 2-pack primer. It's still not 100% & needs a little more work in a few places but I'll get there one day, (I'm a fussy prick).

I've posted a few pics on the classiczcar website (I know how to post there) but don't know how to post here apart from my gallery which is full.

If anyone wants to put them on this site please do so.

Later.

• 8 months later...

WOH Nick!

your car is looking great, cant wait to see it all finished and tearing up the local pavement.

its too bad you had to cover up all your carbon.kevlar work with paint. but the rear flares look great regardless! just wish i could see your handy work in person, but your wouldnt want that, I would get your car all wet with drool.....

hmmmmmmmm.....sr20/s30....

-S

Sparky, you will still be able to see some carbon fibre on the body, see that thick dark stripe running down the roof & tailgate, you guessed it, carbon fibre! It will also follow down the bonnet as well. I was going to paint it a nice charcoal mettalic before I sarted playing with the carbon tail lights, then it hit me. It should contrast well against the candy gold pearl paint.

• 8 months later...

Wow. . . :shock: . . . I'm impressed.

All I gotta say is keep up the good work!!! And thanks a bunch for the detailed write up. I think I speak for all of us on the board when I said that I've been looking for someone to do a detailed writeup on their SR20 hybridZ project.

Interesting method you used on the mounts, though. . . I think I'm going to be going w/ a more conventional method of custom fabbing a cradle for mine, but your way is probably lighter :mrgreen: . I'm interested on how much more vibration you'll feel w/ those mounts. Please post your driving impressions on how the vibrations are w/ your mounts whenever you get the car running.

Again, thanks alot for your contribution to this forum, and helping out the out numbered 4 cylnder Z community (we seemed out numbered, anyway. lol).

Kenny

http://www.rbmotoring.com

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Are those urethane motor mounts I see in the pics.. I was not aware of those being made yet.. If so where did you get them..

Beautiful car by the way....

Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally, after so long I decided to pull my finger out & give my thumb ago... so I got stuck into the doors. The door shells were perfect, just surface rust but the skins needed changing (dented & rusty).

The door shells were garnet blasted then sprayed with POR 15 followed by fabricating new double intrusion bars made from T6061 alloy. These are much stronger than the single flimsy original pressed steel type.

There has also been a change to the door handles, out with the old & in with the new... now sporting the R32 Skyline type.

doors1eu2.jpg

doors2am7.jpg

doors6nv0.jpg

doors5ns4.jpg