HybridZ

Dash Repair

nolander001

Fair enough.

I used a similar method to do my dash.

Word of wisdom: make sure the foam shell is on the frame when you're making your repairs. I had mine seperate, and when I put it back on the frame, it stressed it. Since, it has cracked in several spots.

I would recommend using that filler, but then laying a layer of fiberglass over the top of all of it. I'll probably be doing this at some point in the near future.

Happy repairs!

Working in an uphostery shop, there are many ways to fix it. I'd just use any that work, no right or wrong. As far as a cap, there are a couple options. Dashtop makes a cap and an entire dash replacement cap in both Z styles. Either can have mixed results. I installed a cap into a 76 Merc. SL450 today and you wouldn't be able to tell the differance.

I would suggest the full cover over the half, the lines blend better.

Edited by emoximuu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bump. Hydro-dipping is another alternative, but it looks too fake for my tastes:

I like it ! Maybe not that particular CF but I like the process. It seems a lot easier and more accurate than wrapping. Now only if I can find a place that would do my dash cap for cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...