HybridZ

awright......heres my plan

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am going with the 302

More details as I get them, but it is gonna be pretty trick, I can assure you.

22 lbs of Vortec in YS trim keeps popping into my head for some reason.

PEACE

Andy

Go for it Andy! You might want to check ATI (procharger) for their equipment. They were the first with the gear drive internals, billit impellers, and really good air to air intercoolers, a must at the boost your talking of. Not to mention their prices. They've also done lots of work with the 5.0. Vortec makes some really nice stuff, but look at the alternatives. Whatever you go with it will be a beast!

John Scott

Yup, ATI would be my 1st choice as well. Former sponsor became a pro charger dealer and I can still get a pretty good deal on them if he is still in business....I'll have to look into that one...

I'm trying to talk my little brother into getting a Z and letting me do a 5.0 W/ecc4 computer and injection w/a T5!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

I've installed and tuned many different types of superchargers on both Ford and GM products. IMO, a well-packaged naturally aspirated stroker motor with a solid roller is a much better choice.

We've seen over 500rwhp from 408s (351W block) and over 450rwhp from 347s (302 block). These engines still idle and drive great, and are "street" cars.

If you use Yates heads, you can expect over 600rwhp (even on pump gas) with a 3.75" stroke crank in a 351W block.

------------------

Michael Sen-Roy

Houston Performance

281-893-6080

------------------

Guest Anonymous

Have you read Terry Oxandale's writeup http://www.zhome.com? Direct URL is http://www.zhome.com/rnt/FordPower/index.html

A well written series of articles. Terry used motor plates instead of motor mounts. Good guy--I called him once about the materials he offered for sale (original drawings, dimesions, etc...) Never followed up as the Z I picked up already had a SBC in it.

If you plan on a blower or otherwise forcibly inducting the car I'd recommend going EFI. Get a complete wiring harness replete with sensors from a donor car makes life easier. Windsor Fox Engineering in Apple Valley, CA does stuff for wiring up a EEC4 into 1st gen Mustangs as does Ron Morris Performance (http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com). The former I've heard good things about and I've met Ron Morris. Very knowledgeable guy that works with Mustangs Plus (1st gen Mustang) in Stockton alot.

BTW, Mike, when you ever going to update your webpage? I'm still waiting for the "After" pics of your CP car! :-)

Scott

Guest Anonymous

Scott, believe it or not, the Mustang is being worked on. It's actually a different chassis from the pictures, now. The more I tore the old one apart, the more I found not to like.

The new chassis is perfect, very clean. It's in the process of full-length frame rails right now...

But the more I drive the Z, the more I'm considering abandoning the Mustang altogether. Right now I'm working on buying a 260Z that's a lot cleaner than my 240. That way one can go on jackstands for a lot of work and I'll still have another to drive!

------------------

Michael Sen-Roy

Houston Performance

281-893-6080

------------------