HybridZ

turbo 302

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hello everyone,

it's my first post, I have a 72 240 that i am begging the 302 swap, and i have a few ?'s I want to put a t5 in it but it is cable driven, and the z is hydro??? any ideas? Also I want to do a blow-thru single turbo set up, any others done it or thinking about it? thanks for any advise. smile.gif

------------------

Well, for my setup, I'm going to use a clutch quadrant from a Mustang (aluminum adjustable), cable, and attatch it like a stock Mustang. Easier than trying to mate the hydrolics up. I'm pretty much going to just drill 2 holes in the pedal itself, and atatch the quadrant at the stock angle. Pretty easy.

------------------

http://refuse.netdojo.com/Zcar

I have the 5.0 and T-5 in my car. I am using the Tilton hydraulic throw-out bearing, and 7/8" universal master cylinder. The clutch is smooth and light, and so far trouble free. I have driven the car 50-75 miles per day for the last 4.5 months.

I have provided details of this swap in a previous post. Do a seach under my user name to find the details(part numbers and cost).

Good Luck

Turbo huh? Hrm, if you went EFI I happen to know where there's a set of turbo manifolds with T-25 turbos mounted on them that came from a twin turbo V8 Mustang smile.gif Have a nice big Spearco intercooler too that was mounted horizontally under the radiator with a scoop like many of the ATI cars are. for the correct amount of cash I'd ship these parts your way or anyone else's way that wanted them. Kit cost over $3500 new...

McCleod makes, or used to make, a good quality hydraulic throwout bearing that slips over the input shaft/front bearing retainer of the T-5. It can be used with a 3/4" (the OEM 5/8" will not provide the necessary amount of fluid) hydraulic master cylinder which I bought from Girling. It (the master cylinder) used the same bolt pattern as the OEM part, but needed some tinkering on the under the dash part to mate up with the Z pedal. The feel is not noticably different from the original feel, and it has been a reliable part for over 10 years now.