HybridZ

rear bumper vs fender flares

bimic92

So just looking around at pictures online, but it seems when it comes to body styling (rear half of the car) that people either choose a rear bumper or fender flares, its always either one or the other, never both.

I'm assuming it would look funny, or the flares would have a hard time matching up..

Just trying to get an idea of what it would look like. Have any of you seen a Z with both?

The more pictures the better as well.

Thanks

Along these same lines, I've always wondered why folks intentionally remove the bumpers (usually the front) but don't seem to clean up the scalloping under the headlight buckets where the bumper used to connect to the body. Is it so they can be put back on to pass inspection later?

I agree, my 260z already had the msa II kit on it when I purchased it. I was just looking around on the internet and noticed that I didn't see any with that kind of bumper/flare combo, and I'm guessing it just doesn't work out too well, but I haven't seen one, so I don't know for sure.

Edited by bimic92

So just looking around at pictures online, but it seems when it comes to body styling (rear half of the car) that people either choose a rear bumper or fender flares, its always either one or the other, never both.

I'm assuming...

Your assumption is wrong.

The reason your don't see the Type2 or Type3 kit with flares is because those kits wrap into the wheel wells, and would make it difficult to bolt on a set of flares with those body kit pieces.

It seems that many people either don't want to modify one or both parts (body kit and/or flares) to fit with each other, or they just follow in other people's foot steps of using ZG flares with the early bumpers, or no bumper.