HybridZ

tire size on lowered z

i have a 280z with tokico springs and kyb shocks. The car came with 15 inch wheels and a 195/60-15. i wanted to put closer to the stock tire size so i had discount tire put 195/65's on the rear but i got to looking and it looks like i will have trouble fitting that size tire on the front. From what i have read i should be able to fit that tire if i roll the fenders? what does rolling the fenders entail? thanks

I am going to run a 225/50r15 on a 15x7 konig w/ a zero offset. To roll the inner lug of the fenders is fairly easy just take your time. Remove the wheel off the car to give you room. I use a baseball bat and hammer. Put the bat on the inner fender where the lip comes down the hit the bat w/ a hammer working around the whole fender and keep repeating until the fender is rolled. It is a timly process. If you can find some one w/ a fender roller they usually will charge about $100 to do all 4 corners. Call a few of your local tire shops they might have one or know who does

What offset rims do you have? You should not have any trouble fitting that.... you are changing the HEIGHT of the tire(and not even that much), not the width.

Don't do it like this:

If you do that method carefully, it really isn't that bad lol. We heated the fender and then rolled mine that way, turned out 100% a-okay. Then again we went really slow and pulled up on the jack handle at each point for lots of roll.

Cambershot.jpg

I mostly did it to roll the inner lip.

The wheel offset (or backspace) will determine if there will be a problem with rubbing on the fender. Our car is fine with 205/50-15 on 15x7 wheels with about 1 inch offset (3.5 inch backspace). With zero offset wheels (also 15x7) we have run 225/50-15 without any rubbing. The Tokico springs won't change IF it will rub, only how often. Unless you have wheels with a large offset it should be fine.