HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

Hi, I'm about to start my turbo swap, so now is a good time to start documenting some real work being done.

My car as it sits:

30wshh2.jpg

Got a f54/p90 today and disassembled, going to send to machine shop for a cleaning, honing and a valve job on the head.

30nkak4.jpg

Look! Still has cross-hatching

11c6rfc.jpg

So my l28et plan is:

440cc injectors (already have)

Shaved (non-erg), Polished intake (already have)

240SX TB (Have)

Megasquirt 2.2 (Have)

Wideband o2 sensor + gauge (buying this week)

Going to use stock rebuilt T3 turbo at 10 PSI for now (Have an ebay T3/T04, will use when I can use my intercooler)

Volve 740T Intercooler (I'll be using a j-pipe at first until I get some piping)

So a pretty mild l28et build, I'm hoping to be able to make 250 HP at 10 PSI with the stock turbo, but in reality i'll be happy to get the thing running.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Subscribed!

Thinking about doing the same thing. Megasquirt scares me a little bit. :unsure:

The thought of wiring megasquirt in terrifies me, luckily my father is an expert with electronics and all that, so he should make quick work of it.

Anyways, dropped the block off for a cleaning and hone job, and sent the head to get a 3-angle valve job and pressure tested. I'm going to paint the block red, and possibly powdercoat the valve cover red, or just paint it.

The relay board was worth it. My one suggestion is solder in your power and ground cables off the car. The edis uses a trigger wheel with a vr sensor, the edis6 module and a coil pack. It's completely independent aside from a signal to fire from the ms board. There's a write up on the FAQ section. I bolted the diyat 6.5" trigger to my l24 2 groove pulley, built a mount for the vr sensor out of aluminum flat stock and bolted the edis to an extra hole on the drivers side wheel well. I would definitely read that entire write up, it's pretty straightforward. The parts are expensive from pick a part though so did the best looking ones you can and get one of each

Edited by Fuzzydicerule

Just purchased my LC-1 Wideband o2 system, boost gauge, megasquirt harness, IAT sensor.. and a sachs flywheel + pressure plate and clutch from o reillys. this baby is ready to go in. I might have it in by next weekend. This weekend I will have all engine components painted.

Oh.. and ordered my red taylor hi pro spark plug wires and finally some upgraded headlights.

Edited by 78zstyle

Going to get my valve cover and the rest of the oil pan sand blasted. Also going to have to tap my shaved manifold for my boost gauge and one for my brake booster. Going to purchase a throttle cable kit this week, because im ditching the stock linkage for the 240sx TB set up.. I feel like thats going to be a pain to fab. I also have to build a case for my megasquirt.

Also.. bought a new fan today for 10 buck from another member who had a sweet 280zx...and found a 15/16 master cylinder lying around in my garage, yay.

Edited by 78zstyle