Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The parts fairy came.

I'm still waiting on:

Headers

Knock sensor relocation kit

New tailhousing (I'll explain..)

Radiator

As I was putting on my new Lokar tail shifter, I noticed that it didn't seem to be fitting properly on the tailhousing. Come to find out that the corvette tailhousing is much different than an F-Body one, so I've already ordered the correct tailhousing. I got the new intake manifold gasket on, EGR blockoffs put on as well.

Today the engine and tranny should go in. I also found someone local with the DZ push start kit. This thing is nice! I kind of buggered up widening the hole for the new switch, but you can't really tell. I'm thinking about filling it with some rubber or something to clean it up.

post-12955-0-16552000-1379861317_thumb.jpg

post-12955-0-28010700-1379861328_thumb.jpg

Also, I wanted to rant a little about the JTR manual. Everyone recommends it and it was the first thing the person on the phone mentioned when I called JTR to check if they had the parts in stock before I ordered.

It doesn't mention bolt sizes, nor does it actually show you what your mounts should look like assembled. It feels like it skips so many steps in it, while giving you needless information. In fact, it really didn't give me any information that Hybridz hadn't. As far as measurements and bolt sizes go, once I am done I will post what sizes I used so others doing this swap don't have to scourge the internet or keep test fitting, etc.

The parts fairy came.

I'm still waiting on:

Headers

Knock sensor relocation kit

New tailhousing (I'll explain..)

Radiator

As I was putting on my new Lokar tail shifter, I noticed that it didn't seem to be fitting properly on the tailhousing. Come to find out that the corvette tailhousing is much different than an F-Body one, so I've already ordered the correct tailhousing. I got the new intake manifold gasket on, EGR blockoffs put on as well.

Today the engine and tranny should go in. I also found someone local with the DZ push start kit. This thing is nice! I kind of buggered up widening the hole for the new switch, but you can't really tell. I'm thinking about filling it with some rubber or something to clean it up.

Xmas came early , huh . :-D

Yep, Santa is still bringing me some goodies too.

Depending on my father's schedule (He will be doing the wiring portion of this) I'd like to have it running sometime next month. Race your s30 from a dig? :P

LOL . Better get some NOS . :lmao: . The Z is down for awhile , doing bodywork .

If you don't like the JTR manual, don't even consider the JCI manual. Here is a review:

1. How to remove stock z powertrain in excruciating detail.

2. How to install front motor mounts in appropriate detail.

3. "Now install your LS drivetrain." Not direct quote. But no real instruction.

4. "Now wire your engine." Ditto.

Notice that the "how to" is missing from numbers 3 and 4? That demonstrates the level of detail. These guys are fabricators, not technical writers. I still appreciate what they do, but you need your friends to help fill in a lot of blanks.

Edited by RebekahsZ

If you don't like the JTR manual, don't even consider the JCI manual. Here is a review:

1. How to remove stock z powertrain in excruciating detail.

2. How to install front motor mounts in appropriate detail.

3. "Now install your LS drivetrain." Not direct quote. But no real instruction.

4. "Now wire your engine." Ditto.

Notice that the "how to" is missing from numbers 3 and 4? That demonstrates the level of detail. These guys are fabricators, not technical writers. I still appreciate what they do, but you need your friends to help fill in a lot of blanks.

I'm pretty sure JTR and JCI is the same company .

Update:

Motormounts on, tranny mount plate created, shifter on, pretty much ready to drop in. WIll be doing it this weekend.

Here's something thats been keeping me busy too: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. About to install a 2 inch rear drop kit and some exhaust wrap.

post-12955-0-95698100-1380201242_thumb.jpg

post-12955-0-43007400-1380201248_thumb.jpg

Update:

Motormounts on, tranny mount plate created, shifter on, pretty much ready to drop in. WIll be doing it this weekend.

Here's something thats been keeping me busy too: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. About to install a 2 inch rear drop kit and some exhaust wrap.

Nice !

• 2 months later...