HybridZ
SUNNY Z

Brakes! Who is running what?

I am also working on getting the Z32 rear brakes adapted to the rear. I have to say thanks to my brother. He threw the idler bearing on his 300zx ruined the motor, bent all the valves and the auto tranny was slipping. So he has given me all these parts to use.

Did you make the front brackets yourself? What rotors are you using out front?

tooquick260    4

Did you make the front brackets yourself? What rotors are you using out front?

Got the adaptor from vendor on this sight. The rotors are a modified Honda Odyssey part.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/105586-z32-caliper-conversion-kit-front-only/

works great.

Edited by tooquick260

Tworeddice    0

FYI, that pad with the hole in it is a stock caliper R4S pad. Fine for street and autox, not OK for track use with sticky tires. If you're going to do a lot of track days with 20-30 minute sessions, use the R4 pads or Hawk Blues. Not sure how drifting affects brakes, so YMMV.

Drifting surprisingly is pretty mild on brakes, lot of guys run what looks like bigger circle track rotors, there is never really and dragging of the brakes just lock em up for a second and let the throttle do the rest.

Hmmmm Damn thats a lot of money! I know brakes aren't exactly the place to skimp, but wow idk if I'd ever even use the full potential .

that is in all honesty supercheap for brakes im considering ap racing or a stoptech set up and that not even what the rear would cost. also im not loaded or anything this is just my passion in life.

luseboy    2

I'm running '93 RX7 turbo front calipers with Evo 8 rear rotors up front utilizing a steel bracket.  In the back I went with the Silvermine Motors Stage 4 kit so I could retain a parking brake but still have a balanced brake set up.  In addition, I've got a Wilwood 1" master and a Wilwood proportioning valve, which I have mounted in the ash tray pocket so I can adjust it in the car. I haven't driven my car yet so I can't speak to how well the brakes actually work but I have pretty high hopes.  The front brakes are 4 piston aluminum calipers, and while they used to say MAZDA on them, the guy I bought the kit from ground down all the letters except Z, so now they just say Z.  I haven't actually seen anyone else running this set up, but I have heard it mentioned before but not in much detail.  The brackets are super simple, just a straight piece of steel that gets bolted to the stock brake ears, with two holes that are farther apart and tapped so you can bolt in the RX7 caliper.  I did have to do a lot of filing and messing around with spacing to get them to center properly but they're all good now.  

post-22866-0-08854400-1459704471_thumb.png

post-22866-0-61018900-1459704496_thumb.png

post-22866-0-15261100-1459704509_thumb.png

post-22866-0-47503500-1459704522_thumb.png