HybridZ

Replica 240z

Hi everyone,

My name is Craig, I live in England and We Build the FRP Automotive fiberglass bodyshell and body panels for the 240Z.

I think you guys maybe a bit to far away for us to sell our products to you but I thought you may be interested in the project anyway.

If anyone is interested I would be happy to put some pictures on your site of the car and how it is made.

I like your clubs attitude to doing something 'different' to the car, in England there are only a few left and most owners try to keep the car as original as possible.

I don't know of anyone else in the world who has done what we have with the 240Z and it would be great to get some feedback and suggestions from a club who likes to do something out of the ordinary with the car. :)

Cheers

Craig

• Like 1

If you search through the boards history there was at least one thread about your car I would like to say a little over a year ago. I am very interested in the possibility to ship the doors over here? Also the door cards, these are things I know there would be interest for.

Could you provide some detail on the doors? Do the stock latches and window tracks bolt into these doors? Also I didn't see any pricing for the front fenders, which appear to be single piece bucket and fender, rather interesting to me also.

On another note, I volunteer to be your tester in the US, I'd gladly take a free chassis and put all of my parts in it and give my review of how well the chassis is made and goes together. =P

If you search through the boards history there was at least one thread about your car I would like to say a little over a year ago. I am very interested in the possibility to ship the doors over here? Also the door cards, these are things I know there would be interest for.

Could you provide some detail on the doors? Do the stock latches and window tracks bolt into these doors? Also I didn't see any pricing for the front fenders, which appear to be single piece bucket and fender, rather interesting to me also.

On another note, I volunteer to be your tester in the US, I'd gladly take a free chassis and put all of my parts in it and give my review of how well the chassis is made and goes together. =P

Lol me too i would definitely be a tester :P

Hi everyone, I have a lot of pictures but thought these 3 would give you a rough idea of how the car is made.

The shell is made in one piece.The 1st pic is the shell being made inside the mould.

It is different to how I imagine you think of frp shells, rather than a thin body which attaches to a tubular chassis, the shell is heavily laid up to provide the structure and only a front subframe is needed.

The front subframe is mounted to the shell along with rails which run underneath the floorpans. Feel free to comment, I would be glad to answer any questions.hybridz.jpg

sub1015.jpg

shell5.jpg

There have been a few questions, I will try to answer in order.....

bjhines, the shell and subframe and all panels weigh approx 200 kilos.

There is an updated pricelist on our website now for panels.

I will get some quotes on shipping for a pair of doors for example as they seem to be of interest.

texis3oO, I would be very interested to see the frp bodies you have mentioned you have seen on ebay. If you have the time would you post a link up for me?? Much appreciated.

pharaohabq, if you check out the prices on the website you will see the carbon parts we currently make, if you are interested I will put some pics up.

ModernS30, the doors are a direct replacement part, reinforced so you can bolt straight to your car, they are reinforced around all areas for handles etc, The window tracks ( do you mean the chrome frame??) if so yes these can be bolted directly on.

The doors like all the parts are not made from chopped strand mat but from 45 degree biaxial cloth so are stronger and lighter. A full replacement door weighs 5 kilos.

Lots of people want to have a shell for 'free' to test but I am afraid I am not that rich :)

Door cards, again they are on the new price list on the website, here are a couple of pics, The plain ones can be made in any colour or covered or we make a resin infused carbon version.

zroof003.jpg

Christian-1.jpg

Anyway thanks for your interest, most z clubs seem to frown upon what we do so it is good to have some nice comments.

Cheers

Craig

christian4.jpg

doorcard2004-1.jpg

We also make other carbon parts, our prices are good but I fear with shipping costs as I said they may be too expensive, I will get some quotes.

I completely understand the not being rich, but you can't blame me for trying right? If I don't dream then **** would never happen! On a side note, wow on the weight, your parts look to be of spectacular quality, I like your knowledge and ability to answer questions also.

As for the window track I was talking about the chrome frame, sounds great. I've got to be honest though, there are a lot of things I want that I can't afford and are not priority, I just hope you are around when the time comes, because I assure you, it will come.

Another thing, that carbon stuff looks dead gorgeous. Excellent work.