HybridZ

Best adhesive for fiberglass to metal bond

mclark999

That would be fine. There is much to say about the old ways. Im a big fan of the old ways myself. I still strip paint by sanding and spot blasting. Could I live without panel bond? Yes. It can be handy, but we all have gotten by fine before it was available. It would be interesting to compare the 2 techniques. It could be your top gear challenge. Which one is faster? Appearance, cost, and strength should be scored. A race inside the shop. Im sure you have been there before.

I don't trust chemical adhesives with differing types of materials. I would pop rivet the parts on then blend the seams into the existing body work. Old school but its tried & true.

I used pop rivets and adhesive. The bare metal has to be epoxy primed, then scuffed before panel bonding.

I just picked up some 3m 08116 panel adhesive and the needed 3m gun in preperation of the very near to be done bodywork. Hoping to have the car at the blasters by next week then the subtlez kit applied. Thanks for all the first hand good advice.

We used the 3m stuff to do my subtleZ wide-body rear 1/4s. Dont remember what the part number was but it was the same stuff corvette uses to glue all the body parts together on the newer vettes!!!

The thing I didn't like about using rivets was it kind of deformed the panels. enough that more body work would have been needed vs just bonding them on. The car sat in my trailer over the winter and still looks perfect