HybridZ

S30 280zx Rear Disc Swap

I mentioned in a previous thread I am rupturing brakes hoses on the parking brake caliper bracket from suspension travel because of my 280zx rear disc swap. I was told to cut the line back to the bracket entering the wheel well and install 240sx stainless steel brake hoses. Which generation or model year 240sx lines do I need?

No, I used 280zx calipers. Using those calipers and the stock L Bracket mounting point for the rubber hose and steel line cause the parking brake cable bracket to chafe the rubber hose causing it to burst. I need to know which model years or generation 240sx ss brake lines that will allow me to trim back the factory steel line to the bracket entering the apex of the wheel well and then hook up that trimmed hardline to the 280zx caliper itself.

I also have 280zx rear calipers on my 240z. I ran rubber brake lines all of last summer and never noticed a problem. I just put stainless lines on and haven't noticed them hitting the bracket yet with those either. I think the way you index the hoses in thethe L bracket has a big effect on how they sit. I could see where they might rub if indexed improperly. The only problem im having with them is the parking brake cables themselves hit the frame when the rear suspension compresses to near full bump. I had to make custom brackets to adapt the stock parking brake cables but unfortunately I made them too tall. So try re-indexing the brakelines and see if it helps. It is a very tight fit but it works for me , so far anyway.

• 5 years later...