HybridZ

fj20 zed

Well im putting the FJ20 back in the zed, but i need to make some parts so though id put some pics up and show the fj20 off.

Not to many in the US but there a great motor and i love them this one will make 600hp engine and will run E85 ,i will post pics as i build new parts hope you like the build.

first post the new dry sump just finished it, i will have it all cleand up and painted tomorrowpost-26847-001649200 1330600469_thumb.jpg

post-26847-078337000 1330600379_thumb.jpg

post-26847-019457300 1330600418_thumb.jpg

Edited by PMC raceengines

Big FJ lover here!! I imported three brand new NOS engines from Japan a few years ago and installed one with a bunch of rare TODA bits (304 cams, forged pistons flywheel etc) into my 720 Datsun Ute! Looking forward to this build and thread.

Regards - Yasin

• 3 months later...

post-26847-043046700 1339505178_thumb.jpgWell just finished the crank. It needed lots of work as i found a crack in it, so i welded it up and spent some time making it race ready come up a treat ,

also found a crack in the head ... So i replaced it and ported it the same as the old head as it had made great hp before , there is a lot of work to go but its getting there

post-26847-071596600 1339505109_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Peter, you said you welded a crack in a race crank...that doesn't seem like good practice to me. If I was going to be pushing an engine to the limits, the crank is the one place I'd cull hardest on. I know that proper procedure can yield a strong product, but knowing that there is a welded up crack in the crankshaft at 10,000RPM would just give me the heebie-jeebies, ya know?

Are FJ cranks THAT hard to get?

And by the way...that oil pan is just gorgeous after the plating. We'll have to hear this thing run when it's done!

Edited by Xnke

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...