HybridZ

3.7 R&P for R180 diff

RACERZ

Looking for a 3.7 R&P or complete diff in the R180, as far as I know they only came in the early 810/maximas, I am located in the South east U.S.

Hi I have seen several maxima sedans here in Los Angelescan send you R&P 3,70 gears for $200 shipped Have paypal my email is Zguy240@gmail.com

Had several responces, Some questions can you tell if they are the older (non K) cases? this will tell if they are the 110mm vs 115mm R&Ps, and is the price just for the R&P or the whole diff (shipping wont be cheap) that was why I was hoping to find someone in SE.

Had several responces, Some questions can you tell if they are the older (non K) cases? this will tell if they are the 110mm vs 115mm R&Ps, and is the price just for the R&P or the whole diff (shipping wont be cheap) that was why I was hoping to find someone in SE.

Which one do you want the 110 or the 115mm my price is for the R&P and tell me what year to look for. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 3.7 that came from a 73 Fairlady brought to the states by someone in the military. I ran it for several years in my Z - probably from about 1994-97. Can't recall the details now, but I think the front seal started leaking... and when I replaced it, I didn't have a torque wrench that would go to the spec. Anyway, I think I torqued it on too light or too heavy because the front pinion bearing went out in short order. I didn't run it that way long because I needed a different ratio anyway. So, long story, but the diff is completely assembled and I'm sure it is a 3.7 - and 85% positive it is non "k" because it was came in the 73 Fairlady.

It is in VA. Let me know if you are interested. I can't see using it again, as I now use a 4.11 lsd R200, and would like it to go to a good home. I'll refund the price of the diff if it is not useable. $100 plus shipping and it is yours.

Garrett

This is from a 1984 maxima sedan automatic with 225,000 miles.

No clue on the 110 or 115mm question or whether splines are the same as earlier diffs. but the application above is correct so checking whether the 1984 maxima indeed has the proper differential would be a good idea as it came with CV type axles.

I did rob a few bolts but not enough to open anything and will update the pics with all the bolts installed after I go through my bolt drawers.

I did not hear any undue noises when it was pulled out of a daily driver car to be replaced with a 3.54 R200 and 5 speed and has been stored inside for 3 years.

UPS estimates around $47 for shipping from west palm beach to a random zip code in huntsville, AL via ups ground with a 2 or 3 day transit time.

$130.00 with shipping included.

7009140651_a297ae0ff8_b.jpg

7009140653_02890d5285_b.jpg

Edited by HowlerMonkey

Sorry for no response been on the road. I am itrested in both I have found out the autos should be a 3.54 and manuels 3.7 easy way to tell it to pull the back cover, the ring will be stamped 3.7:10 if 3.7, and will be 3.9:11 if 3.54.

Both(HM and I6) can you both shoot me some picts of the interiors I am at michael.langley@mchsi.com I have another nissan racer intrested also so I may take both of them. I am itrested in the ring and pinions so I dont care about the cases so missing bolts are not a problem (I have several 3.36 parts diffs)in fact if you have access to a press to pull the pinion it will be easier and cheaper to ship only the ring and pinion gears by them selvels.

I'll take the cover off tomorrow.

My factory service manual for a 1983 maxima shows 3.7 for the auto and 3.54 for the manual.

This might be because the later 4n71b auto transmissions had a pretty steep overdrive as well as lockup torque convertors.

I wonder if the maxima c/v type axles are short enough to use on the s30?

Edited by HowlerMonkey

Prob not, chassie was wider. We are looking in to trying to use the 240sx or P/U cv axles, already have a couple of 4.11s out of P/Us with the clip in type stubs that look like they would be easily modifed to be bolt in (if they have the same spline counts as the NISMO/QUAIFE diffs for the S30).The main problem will be getting axle shafts made to work, axles sets from the SUV and P/U are way cheaper and more easy to find if they could be modifed to fit(one of many projects for the race car for the next couple of years subject to cash flow).

I moved to GA 6 months ago, and the diff. is at my house in VA. I have family that can go by and put their hands on it - remove the rear cover and take pics... but not disassemble. Also, if it was me, I'd jump right on it for you, but since I am asking favors of them, I'd like to be kind enough to let them work it into their busy schedule. Might be able to have one of them do it one day this week.

Again, would have to ship the whole thing... Let me know if you are still interested, and we'll get you some pics.

Inline 6 intrested in diff shoot picts and see how much shipping to 35773.

HM- to convert to the subie cost lots of bucks I have access to a machinest with a CNC who works cheap after hours so the machine work is very resonable. I just need find out what parts are the closest and cheap. And yes I am looking for a Subie R180 also, the early clutch pack type are harder to find 04-05. send me those picts of the inners and shipping is the same zip.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a bit longer than I expected.

It seems to be relatively unworn for the high mileage but it only did duty on a 1984 maxima with an automatic transmission.

The cv type axles butt against the spider gear pin which has a flattened section on each side.

This is what you see inside the axle hole.

6903097522_b37c466f64_c.jpg

Here's an impression on the ring gear if the detail is not enough on the photo.

6903097516_15f592c214.jpg

6903097506_7d10730195_b.jpg

Edited by HowlerMonkey

Still looking for those picts?? Updates,status?

My dad stopped by the house last week and couldn't figure out which differential it was by my description. He took pics of them (I have several) and this is the one.

post-4218-014530600 1333834705_thumb.jpg

Now he needs to go by and pull the cover off and take the pics... Sorry, this is the best I can do via long distance.

No rush I got the other one but am still intrested in yours, when you get some picts send them to me. We may be at Road Atlanta for the May race 18-20 if we get the car back together, so if you could get it to your place it would save on the hassle of shipping it.

Here are the pics. I do not know what it would cost to ship to you at the moment. If you aren't in a big hurry for this, I should be able to disassemble it and ship only the ring and pinion gears to you towards the end of May, as I am planning to be in VA for a few days then and I do have a hydraulic press. Or I could bring it back with me as you said. If you would rather get it now, then provide your zip code (maybe it is already in the thread?) and I'll see what kind of estimate I can get for you.

post-4218-012808800 1334795444_thumb.jpg

post-4218-063789000 1334795453_thumb.jpg

post-4218-061948100 1334795461_thumb.jpg

post-4218-022958400 1334795472_thumb.jpg

post-4218-022746900 1334795486_thumb.jpg

G

Edited by inline6

Were are in no hurry just let me know when you can get it apart. If you get to it befor the weekend of May 18-20 I hope to be at the race at road atlanta so I will be in your neck of the woods and will take the whole diff if you have it, if not the R+P will be fine. Just let me know.