HybridZ

280zx brake upgrade- gauging interest

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously the front will be much stronger than the rear brakes, and the only real way to fix that is to get stronger rear brakes. i plan on making a kit for the rear if the front is successful.

many s30 guys convert the front without any complaints, and they have drum brake rears. so i guess it's all preference.

i'm still looking for way to bring down the cost, if i don't find anything in the next week then i'll start designing the bracket for this kit on the computer. i'll keep you guys updated.

well i'm still going to try to find a rotor that will slide over the hub instead of in back. i'm doing this because i want to try to eliminate the use of the spacers which will lower the cost of the kit. i did find a good potential rotor to try out. it is thicker and has a larger diameter to! i will post pics of a mock up if it works. but i have to re drill the bolt pattern so i wont have it done util early next week. after i try this i will either go with the current setup or decide to switch to the slide over rotor i'm considering.

well i'm still going to try to find a rotor that will slide over the hub instead of in back. i'm doing this because i want to try to eliminate the use of the spacers which will lower the cost of the kit. i did find a good potential rotor to try out. it is thicker and has a larger diameter to! i will post pics of a mock up if it works. but i have to re drill the bolt pattern so i wont have it done util early next week. after i try this i will either go with the current setup or decide to switch to the slide over rotor i'm considering.

yes i'm designing this kit with a s12w caliper.

CURRENT UPDATE

the bolt pattern has been re drilled in slide over hub rotor option that i want to try. i should have a chance to do a mock up in the next day or two. at that time i will pick which rotor i want to use for the kit and then i'll start making the bracket.