HybridZ

240z vs 260z pedals

jessejames

Im interested in some aftermarket pedals like www.srpracing.com and www.ultimatepedals.com . I'm wondering if the 1973 240z had slightly larger gas pedal than the previous years. I've noticed on the pictures on these sites that the 260z gas pedal looks larger. I know in the past I've ordered a heater core for my 240z and realized i have a factory 260z heater core. Does any one have any experience with this?

• 3 months later...

I'm a little late to the party...but I have the SRP pedals installed. It's a very clean look and the install is pretty painless (though it is a bit of a pain to drill the holes straight while hunched under the dash). If you heel/toe a lot you'll really love them. I have a 280 so everything tends to be bigger :-)

From my limited experience with the late 260 and the 280z is that the transmission tunnel is wider, which leaves less room in the footwell (narrower) for heel-toeing. It is still easy to double-clutch, but instead of using the heel, one must use the side of the foot. I'm pretty sure the pedals are all the same size. One benefit of the wider tranny tunnel is that there is a little more room for exhaust.