HybridZ

"...but, seriously folks!"

Guest tom sixbey

Guest tom sixbey

ok... i definately want to do the ford swap, but this car is my daily driver...

I need the low down here... Lets say i did everything to the car while still driving it (steering column, radiator, EFI harness,ETC) and got everything prepared and ready for the drop in... Could i convert the car in a week or 2?

- this assumes i do all my homework ahead of time.... Essentially i would have to mount the motor, build the exhaust, and just get the car running in one or two weeks (having done all the preparations in advance)...

is it possible?

if you take 2 full time weeks ONLY for the car..

not part time at nite in other words.

you cant really do the steering or harness until the L6 is out of the way, you need the motor in place WITH the header brand you will use to do the steering.

the hardest part of the conversion is the engine mounts. and this all depends on how far back you want to install the motor. the further back you go the more work it is.

the wiring can be done in a day easy.

driveshaft takes a day to get it back.

mine runs GREAT. a friends car with a fairly built 2800, flattops,cam,centerforce clutch, 3.90's and triple webers gets likely 12 mpg (maybe 15 if he's nice to it) i average 20 mpg and i beat on it regularly twak.gif

and i can pull away like he's standing still at 50 mph . and his car is pretty fast - i was actually suprised my car was THAT much faster.

its worth it --- but 2 weeks is pushing it. if you want it back like Dans and mine.

Guest tom sixbey

and the header brand was the one question i had in mind for you guys.. - as cheap and low down as this sounds, i'd really like to just copy somebody's setup once they get it going... i'd be more than willing to pay for some intsructions or copied mounts or something...

thanks for the reply!

BTW - if my conversion starts out rough, that's ok.. i just need to try and minimize the down time as much as possible... If one of you guys actually put together the pieces for a 5.0 kit, the hybridz world would be grateful and I'd be your first customer!!! icon_smile.gif