HybridZ

vq35de quick queations

cameronzz

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with questions about the vq swap. There are a lot of answers out there but still not all of them; Such as the fuel cell. Can I run the stock fuel tank? Do I have to install another one? And what about the oil pan? If any one has any other questions throw them in here

I really want this thread to be as helpful to all the potential vq swappers.

Yeah, I've already checked that thread out. About four comments down he goes into a little detail about having picked up a fuel cell. The reason I brought this question up is because I'm trying to use the stock tank. I would hate to have to pump gas through my trunk. I'm a complete cluts and I don't want to drip a little gas in the car and have to drive my DD around with the smell of gas.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/79649-progress-on-my-insane-vq35hr-240z-project/page__st__120

There are pics on here of a stock tank, that had the bottom of it modified. Added a sump to the stock tank, See if you can find those. They may help you. Otherwise find a good welder and see if he would be willing to work with you in modifying the bottom and the inside of your tank.

Remember that, VQ Engines only have one fuel line feeding it, No return line. Stock fuel pressure is 50-55PSI. Pump is submerged in the fuel tank, to keep it cool.

• 4 weeks later...