HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

Put short strand body filler on sanded it off on of on off.. Opened yet another can o worms. Wire wheeling away geting surface rust on rocker Ohh ok guess theres welds and 3/8" of bondo under there it been replaced about 20 years ago. Put my new speedo to correct milage and installed so ill know how fast im going now. So much for doing some quick body work to get it on the road

Bought a 1975 280Z that was rust & collision free. Rented a trailer and put on about 200 miles round trip to bring it home. My 1970 Ford F250 sure pulled that trailer nice. We're going to start building a second race car with the 280Z.

Finished up with my dash repair, after trying 4 different 'texture' products, I finally found the perfect one....spray on bed liner in a rattle can. I figured the brush on stuff would be too aggressive, so I used the rattle can kind. 4 coats and it looks brand new!

Removed the parking brake cable from under the car and the evaporative gas line. That was just less than 5 pounds of dead weight. Cleaned the engine bay while the motor/trans is out. Sat around in the shade talking like I actually know something.

Finished breaking the motor in, installed a rebel wiring 9=3 harness w/ cs144 alternator and am currently installing the rear coilovers/disc brakes/obx helical. Super fun. So much stuff getting thrown at her at once is overwhelmingly awesome.

Installed a 6AL ignition with a two step launch control and pounded my against a brick wall because now the tach doesn't work :mad:

You need a tach adapter ;)

My weekend was about getting the fuel tank out to recover from the dumbest move I've ever done on the Z. It was 3 years ago when I made an attempt to protect my fuel tank against rust with paint.

This is the crap I get off the tank :angry: I've already removed most of the stuffs 2 years ago. This stuff made me stop 3 times on the side of the road with no gas going to the engine....

photo053.jpg

Edited by Lazeum

I mounted the lower radiator bracket (JTR) to the existing holes underneath on the 240Z. Aside from removing as much rust from those welded in nuts in the frame, I was able to bend the bracket points just right, drill the holes into the bracket and mount it using the existing frame nuts. I think this is much better than drilling new holes through the frame. No thanks, the existing ones are plenty good enough...

Davy