HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

I drove it and made sure nothing would catch fire again. And i was both successful and unsuccessful at the same time. I gave it a little throttle on a new clutch and got into boost and the clutch slipped ever so slightly so i'm pretty sure i glazed it a bit.

What didn't I do is the question today. (yesterday actually)

I did not work on my Z and I did not drive my truck home.

Sunday is our day to get together and work on the race cars, both are S30's. My truck started acting up on the way to my brothers so we took what should have been a quick look at that. We were under the hood of that ugly beast all day and never did resolve the problem. I had to leave it at my brothers house and he gave me a ride home.

Yes, I'm on a Ford forum. Found On Road Dead. LMAO, she has two bad motors in her. An L28 in the bed with a bad rod and a 6.4 (390) under the hood with a mystery problem.

Today my Dad and I drove out to Beta Motorsports and picked up my new side axles. This is the adapter that allows a Subaru STi LSD to be used with stock half-axles. I bough a set from the first run and know from experience that this is the way to go for my needs. Soon we will have an LSD in both S30's.

Got a quote from him on a SCCA roll cage in my car. My dad talked to John about a cage in his 1967 Alfa Romeo step-nose. Looked at the work he (John) was doing on a 240Z that belongs to a HybridZ member. Chit-chatted with John Coffey for so long I was wondering if he was going start charging me shop rates to gab. LMAO.

John, if you're reading this, it was really nice to meet you in person.

O rings on my Supra 440cc injectors decided to go. Me fiddling with them at my work garage made them go from a slow drip leak to a torrent... Before getting towed home I had to get it out of the parking garage... which was interesting lol

th_2012-05-08_18-40-09_877.jpg

2012-05-08_20-20-42_793.jpg

2012-05-08_20-24-33_29.jpg

Going to be ordering a full O ring kit, hopefully from Pallanet and replacing all the O rings on my injectors.

Edited by sito

• 2 weeks later...

Well since I'm a little taped out on cash for this month what I did today thanks to a few rattle cans I had left hanging around I went ahead and painted my mismatched fender and head light housing primer grey. Which is alt better than old grey white and black .

With the help of my brother, we made an engine dolly. We used a bare block as a pattern and bolted together a 2x4 frame. The caster wheels came from a Harbor Freight furniture dolly on sale. Our dolly holds the block at the motor mounts and bell housing. The bare block fits and rolls nicely. I hope a complete engine does the same.

Next Sunday we're pulling the drive line and will be using the engine dolly for real.

"Yes, I play with dollies." LOL

Today I installed an AEM Wideband to see how well my car was running turns out it was so lean that it didnt even register on the meter bad :blink:. so a few hours later and a zx distributor swap and she really purrs like a kitten now.