HybridZ

Run Headers out front fender?

Slammed Z

Well. Planning on making my Z look like an old WWII fighter jet. Is it safe to run exhaust out of the front fender? Like so,

c9dd611d.png

I live in Washington State. Not sure on laws. I think this would make it more unique and give it a different sound to the L28.

You'll have to re-route wiring and depending how high you want it you'll run into the brake master, etc. Also depends if you want six outlets or one. six would be considerably harder. Also state exhaust laws could be a pain.

Personally idling at a light would look and sound cool if you don't die from the fumes. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Im also doing a WWII theme on my Z and as cool as that looks after a while I dont think you would enjoy it. Ive drove cars with open headers and after a while it get really annoying because of how loud it is. Also this exhaust would be pushing all that sound and fumes right into your face lol. But if you want to do it maybe you could go under the brake cylinder and then into the fender and up and out. But this might cause turning clearance issues. But all in all that looks pretty BA lol.

Definitely check your local laws, and anywhere you plan to drive the car.

I know for a fact that around here, you'd be pulled over and fined very quickly, because the exhaust is required to exit behind the passenger compartment, or behind the rear most opening windows.

It would be better to run a conventional exhaust, and just have vents that look a little fighter plane exhaust-ish. If you really MUST have the exhaust exit there, I would at the very least run an exhaust cutout, so that you can run the conventional exhaust on the street, and the fighter exhaust at shows, or parades.