HybridZ

How to Mount boost gauge

I put a boost gauge and an AFR gauge where the radio used to be. It is easy to cut out a plate, and then drill two 2" holes for each gauge, plus two small holes for the mounting screws to go through. It looks pretty clean. As far as mounting it where the clock goes, there is a captive nut up inside the dash that the clock bracket mounted too, you just have to fabricate some way to secure the boost gauge using that captive nut, or maybe even take apart the clock and mount the boost gauge inside the metal back cover of the clock or something.

If you have a boost gauge that is about the same size as the clock. You can use the clock housing and mount your boost gauge, into the clock housing. Then install it just like you would a normal Z gauge.

I think there is a writeup on here about it, I used that write up as a reference. Look for boost gauge in the clock location.

I mounted a 2 5/8" Auto Meter Boost gauge into the clock housing, or it could have been one of the other gauge housings (I don't recall which one exactly, because I mounted gauges in all 3), I had to trim out the plastic housing a tad, to fit the gauge into the housing nicely, drilled the rear metal housing, then used the stock mounting tab to secure it to the dash.

Don't mind the AFR and small tach, they weren't in there long. Though the 2 1/16" gauges fit nicely into the clock surround, or when you cut out the metal divider on the dual gauges.

trio%20installed.JPG

The back of my boost gauge cup:

boost%20gauge%20hose%20adapting.JPG