HybridZ

Chevy V6

JacktheRiffer

I think it mounts too far forward. The rear two cylinders are nixed, not the font two. This places front of engine in same place as v8 but minus the back two pulling trans much further forward. To get the good setback custom mounts must be used. Member John scott had a procharged 4.3. I think this is correct, but I am not 100%

• 4 weeks later...

If you're talking about the rounded cylinder part, with the pulley on it, attached to the left front cylinder head, that would be the AC compressor.

He could have moved that engine farther back by using RWD manifolds. Even if he used a FWD version of that engine, I don't know why he would have used the FWD manifolds. RWD headers are even pretty cheap for them.

The link above is a V6 swap abomination.

To take advantage of the V6's compact dimensions, it should sit tight to the firewall, not just thrown together with a V8 mounting kit.

Mine was no work of art, and first attempt at a hybrid Z. Sorry no more information on the custom mounts, too long ago, but that's the way to go.

JSZ4-1-2.jpg

Edited by John Scott

John, just want you to know that your v6 and ScottieGNZ swap are my v6 posterchild swaps. It just looks like it should be, especially with the FI. What was it that pushed you to the v8?

Thanks for the compliment. Scottie was loaded with talent, tenacity, and apparently lots of $$ ;), ran with it and was light years beyond my efforts.

Going V8 was mostly due to wanting the most power for the buck, limited funds. Building a stout durable 4.3 with a power adder is pricey, compared to a generation I sbc. I do miss the uniqueness and whine of the Procharger.