HybridZ

500 Hp Ford ready to go back in my 240

lilredZ

Finally (after 2 years and mucho $) this engine is race ready (after breaking in the new cam)...will be installing for the next month or so...should be running in the 10s after it is complete.

The engine is a 370 cube punched out 302 Dart Sportsman block running brodix 195 heads...estimated 500 HP. it is blueprinted with a zero bal. internal running solid flat tappet lifters and a carb. i could have gone for 600 HP with larger (205+ ported) heads but wanted to see if 500 isn't already more than enough. the prior edition of this motor was running low 11s with a 0-60 (MPH) of 2.2 seconds with a good hook-up. hooking the 240z up is the challenging part so 500 HP should be plenty if i want to run in the 10s.

this block will handle 1200 HP so power will never be a problem...it's keeping the other stuff in-tact and functional that will be the challenge going forward.

Edited: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/98611-posting-pictures-please-read/

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Images way to large. Please resize before posting.

my 60' time all depends on my start and hookup. it's usually between 1.7 and 1.85 seconds. the 0-60 is between 2.2 and 3.5 seconds depending on how well it hooks up and when i shift into 2nd. if i shift at about 45 mph i lose out on the 60 ft and 0-60 time. if i hold it to 60 its hard on the motor but 2.2 is possible.

i have to learn to drive the car and continue to pull my g-tech data and analyze it. this car with the former 425 hp motor ran 11.8 second 1/4 mile and had a 1.75 second 60 foot time at the track in sacramento. my new block is heavier and it has an overdrive unit...adding another 60# so my net HP gain will be only 50-75...i have to see what the overdrive unit does to my performance etc...

in any case the trick with these light weight cars is hooking them up. i have to do a roll-off start or it just spins...i don't want to tub it out but do want wider tires in back...well see how this evolves...

attached is a full 1/4 mile run g-tech chart...post-2751-014087800 1336837870_thumb.jpgwith old motor (~450 hp)...but i shifted to 2nd at ~45...

Ok I know when I am not wanted. My picture was pulled for being too large and I received a personal e-mail saying I was in violation of rule #5 regarding punctuation. Really? See you guys around...maybe on facebook or something...

Interesting thread. I literally just mapped out the same swap but after talking to a few engine builders who seem to think that kind of displacement is a bit much to remain reliable, am opting for the 347 dart block, fuel injected with no2 on demand..., but still int the early stages of rear end conversion as I got the car 2 months ago. I'll definitely be following this thread.