HybridZ

HOW TRUE ARE THE MILEAGE ON THIS Z???

More likely 120.500 miles. The counter zero's out at 100.000. You'll have to see a good service history/ owner history from the seller to verify his claim...

You turn your caps lock off by pressing the caps lock button on your keyboard once...

Edited by HaaJeHaa

Its easier to just change the odometer to another one or reset the old one. That's about an hour work. You can never be sure about milage and you should rather trust the condition it's in. You can set a brand new car outside by the ocean and it will have zero milage and become a piece of junk within years.

If it really has that low milage, the seller should have paperwork that proves it, if it doesent you can conclude the car has driven 120500 and the car is worth 4-8000 considering its condition.

Didnt read the ad closely;) If it has the paperwork, why not. I know a guy here in Norway that bought a brand new Ford Sierra Cosworth back in 1988 or something, and that has lived all its life inside its garage. about 1000km on it. So its possible that someone just bought it and didnt drive it. If you're interested it's certainly worth checking out. It should look new in its original condition if it has that low mileage!

Depends on how the car looks in person and certain items on the car are worn such as the pedals etc, I thought I bought a honda with 90,000 and turned out the motor was swapped at one time with a vin number that was older then what should be in it, so I assume it was done a while ago. I also bought a basically rust free 260z that supposedly had 46,000 miles on it, and seeing it was a numbers matching car and the inside of the engine was extremely clean and lack of rust lead me to believe that it was true.

• 2 weeks later...

My 70' 240z has only 86,000 miles, but it hasn't run in 20+ years, is rusted to hell, and looks like crap. The Title history supports the odo reading, so it's possible that car has low miles. But 35 years is a LONG time for only 20K miles so condition is everything. I would expect one with that low miles to be in immaculate conditon. What are you going to do with the car? Are you planning on not driving it? If you buy it on the percieved value of low miles, then as soon as you drive it you'd be killing that same value. If you want a nice turnkey car you don't have to do anything to, then yes, it's probably a great deal. But it's not work paying $5000.00 or more for low miles if you're going to just drive it. 5 Grand can do a hell of a lot of restoration and replacement in a mediochre car that will be just as drivable and likely more reliable.

It's kinda the same argument as Why should you buy a low # vin early Zed? It's noteworthy, nothing more, Condition is everything.

Certified by a lawyer... What does that mean? All a law degree is, is a license to legally lie and steal. That cert would carry as much weight if I had my Cat sign it. Technically, the seller needs to sign a paper in front of a notary, stating that the miles are true and correct. That way if they're not you could sue them for fraud. but again, what's it worth?

They just recently found a -72 Toyota Corolla here with 47 kilometers in it, it's THE most lowest mileage/kilometreage (lol) 72 Corolla that exits. And yes, its in mint condition.

Exactly, Mint condition... That's worth tons more than what the # on the dash cluster says. If you buy based solely on what the # says, you're asking to be taken...

oh, uhm yeah, I've got a 70' 240Z with Ahem 5, yeah FIVE miles on it.. Uh Sure it's original! Oh you don't believe me? okay Gimmie a min.. <tinker, tinker> okay now it's got 1500 miles!! that's worth an extra $5000 right???

I'm not calling anyone a liar, but 35 years is rough on a car even if it hasn't been driven, so just watch yourself, know what you're buying, Trust your eyes and common sense, rather than what someone tells you.