HybridZ

LS1+T56 1990 300ZX Swap

Just wanted to say hello and introduce my project. I have a 90 300zx twinturbo that Im converting to an LS1 and a T56. I recently pulled my 400rwhp/400rwtq stock long block stock turbo setup to go with this. I just purchased a 98 Camaro SS engine and trans with all the harness,comp,acc still intact. Also I have a painless wiring harness for the LS1, custom motor plates made for the LS1/300ZX, a Meziere 55GPM electric water pump, and Canton Racing is modifying a LS1 swap drag racing pan into a road race pan for me. Plan is to cut the firewall/trans tunnel and mock the engine and trans up where they will set, then weld up the brackets for the motor plates. I already dont have AC/Heat so its more of a fair weather/ track car. Any help or suggestions are welcome. I plan on getting the engine and trans in there and working stock then pull it back out to build it for 450-500rwhp NA.

My Z racing a friends 400rwhp 2011 mustang GT. I slowly adjust the boost each race, and race 2 we are running 17-mph when his brake lights come on

• 2 months later...

A couple of update pics. Cutting the firewall soon. Also bought a new beefier front motor plate and a mid plate. There is a place in Fargo that Im going to have make me some custom long tubes. Im picking up a set of 241 heads and having advanced induction cnc port them and make me a custom grind cam. Also looking at a Fast 102 intake with a 102mm throttle body.

SAM_1570.jpg

SAM_1572.jpg

SAM_1573.jpg

SAM_1575.jpg

SAM_1771.jpg

SAM_1774.jpg