HybridZ

Fuel line best practice for tripple carb

tamo3

I would like to install triple Weber 45 DCOE carb in near future.

When I research web how folks install fuel line, there are several way.

I'd like to hear your best practice to install fuel line for the triple carb.

Plan A

post-25175-079250400 1337192201_thumb.jpg post-25175-043453700 1337194220_thumb.jpg

Plan B

post-25175-050173700 1337192211_thumb.jpg post-25175-020690200 1337194228_thumb.jpg

Plan C

post-25175-096420500 1337192217_thumb.jpg

Plan D

post-25175-057269700 1337192227_thumb.jpg post-25175-078271000 1337194234_thumb.jpg

I don't know whether Solex and Weber should be different for the fuel line layout.

If you have your own setting, could you draw based on this template?

Template

post-25175-030994700 1337192234_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

tamo3

Plan A makes the most sense. You will have an almost instantaneous response time with the regulator there and you will constantly be flowing cool fuel through the lines.

Plan B makes no sense (redundant lines), and C is the same as A. Plan D works but wont regulate and dissipate heat as well as A.

Josh's plan makes the fuel pump work harder, thus heating up the fuel more and also slows the response time of the regulator.

Thanks for your information.

jimmyjones000,

Have you experience any lack of gas when you speed up 3rd gear or more with high Rev?

What I heard that fuel line should run from front to back to have stable flow. Due to the gravity with speed, if the fuel line runs from back to front, sometimes fuel won't go through well.

Leon,

I agree. Plan A looks like most effective fuel line. However, I see a lots of Japanese people use Plan B.

Josh280z

I read several articles and blogs that fuel pressure regulator should always located after the carb. i don't know why.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww6.airnet.ne.jp%2F~magic-as%2F20100702fuel-line%2Ffuel-tuning.html

Thanks for your information.

jimmyjones000,

Have you experience any lack of gas when you speed up 3rd gear or more with high Rev?

What I heard that fuel line should run from front to back to have stable flow. Due to the gravity with speed, if the fuel line runs from back to front, sometimes fuel won't go through well.

This is what a pump is for. Speed and gravity effects are competely negligible. Don't know who told you this... :rolleyes:

Leon,

I agree. Plan A looks like most effective fuel line. However, I see a lots of Japanese people use Plan B.

I doubt anybody uses Plan B, I think your diagram is incorrect. You show two parallel lines feeding the carbs, there is no reason to do this.

Josh280z

I read several articles and blogs that fuel pressure regulator should always located after the carb. i don't know why.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww6.airnet.ne.jp%2F~magic-as%2F20100702fuel-line%2Ffuel-tuning.html

As I said, it is the most effective way of regulating the pressure to the carbs.

A downstream pressure regulator in-line with the fuel return is basically a variable orifice. It varies how much fuel passes through back to the tank. If the regulator is fully open (no restriction), then you'll have zero pressure. If it's fully closed, then you'll have the dead-head pump pressure. You want something in between. This allows for you to have the right pressure at all times, no matter what, since the regulator can quickly shut the orifice to bump pressure or open up the orifice to decrease pressure. That's what I mean by fast response time.

This also allows for constant fuel flow from the fuel tank, aiding in fuel cooling.

Thanks Leon for the more clarification. I totally got it.

I heard putting fuel pressure regulator after carbs will have better chance to avoid percolation than putting in front of carbs. This is same thing is what you mean about cooling fuel line.

Once I got triple carbs, I will set up as Plan A.

Thanks,

tamo3.

A & B are the same, it just depends on flow requirements how you plumb it. Running a 400HP 50 Solex drag monster? Then B.

Just about anything else will work fine on A.

The regulator after carbs allows full output of the pump to feed the carbs under load.

These are simplified diagrams, they don't show the surge tank which most will use for serious track applications. Many Japanese setups will run three pumps, off multiple pickups and a main surge tank feed Pump to the carbs...