HybridZ

Race power band issues, check my cam timing?

fp280z

You have to be careful with Keith's Optical Float Checker as there are several places the slide can rest and cause mis-readings of a few millimeters.

Keiths tool can be triggered by the high end of the miniscus on the sides of the well, or by the base, or by residual fuel clinging and cappilary action and a few other little things.

I ended up going back to using a Micrometer which causes a twitch in the miniscus of the fuel when touched.

Its just a PITA and frought with variables.

When I saw you graph my though was filthy-pig-rich.

Make sure the jets get seated properly in the base when you screw them in? I don't push them all the way into the carrier, just mount them slightly, then carefully screw in the carrier and let them push themselves into the final position ensuring they are seated to the carb body.

Tj

Some progress today, ohm'd out all of the ignition wires and found #1 to be bad. Around 500kohm vs. 300-700ohms for the other wires (Taylor 8mm Spiro-Core). I don't think I've checked the wires since I built them in '08, shame on me. Swapped in the 60 pilots too and reset the idle. Will test it out (and data log) on Sunday at the autocross!

• 2 weeks later...

Car seemed much improved this weekend, plenty of power out of the slow corners now with just a hit of bog but clearing up very quickly. Course didn't have any extended high speed areas so I'll have to test the high rpm drop off on the dyno. Will be interesting to see how the AFRs map on the dyno. LogWorks data log attached and the same run on video here for correlation:

Full data log here if you have LogWorks:

http://www.typeischeap.com/Run_4.log

As always, feedback on the data is appreciated.

Enjoy!

post-1212-093630600 1338986466_thumb.jpg