HybridZ

New Turbo Project

Well we went to track tonight for the first time in two years. The car and motor did GREAT!!!! The first pass was a 5.89 @119 mph in the 1/8th rolled through the 1/4 at 10.00@91mph, second pass turned the boost up and went a 5.74@125mph and rolled through the 1/4 at 9.54@103mph and the third pass we turned up the boost to 18 pounds and went a 5.58 @130 mph,and rolled through the 1/4 at 9.25@106 mph. We had a great night. I would like to thank John(my Brother) and best friend, Chad,JB, And Chris Tuten for all there help. John will be posting the time slip tomorrow. Since this was our first outing with the twins I decided not hang it out through the 1/4 but maybe next time.Jerry

Edited by jnjdragracing

Wow, nice runs! If you took video, I'd love to see it.

John will be posting the time slip and videos in the next day or so. Thanks Jerry

Here is a photo of the time slip of our last 3rd pass. I will be posting video on youtube tonight / Friday.

post-1226-044005000 1338466236_thumb.jpg

Posted video on youtube. You can search for jnjdragracing, or here is the direct link.

Edited by jnjdragracing

Well we went to track tonight for the first time in two years. The car and motor did GREAT!!!! The first pass was a 5.89 @119 mph in the 1/8th rolled through the 1/4 at 10.00@91mph, second pass turned the boost up and went a 5.74@125mph and rolled through the 1/4 at 9.54@103mph and the third pass we turned up the boost to 18 pounds and went a 5.58 @130 mph,and rolled through the 1/4 at 9.25@106 mph.

Excellent! Man, that's exciting and already almost into the 8's after just three runs. I'm wondering just how fast this car is going to be?! Thanks for posting the results.

Davy

We were only running 1/8 mile and letting out of it and coasting through the 1/4 mile. Based on out last run we should be deep in the 8's in the 1/4 mile.

John

:D

Excellent! Man, that's exciting and already almost into the 8's after just three runs. I'm wondering just how fast this car is going to be?! Thanks for posting the results.

Davy

Edited by jnjdragracing

We were only running 1/8 mile and letting out of it and coasting through the 1/4 mile. Based on out last run we should be deep in the 8's in the 1/4 mile.

John

Ah, then I shall revise my comment:

Excellent! Man, that's exciting and already nearing the 7's after just three runs. I'm wondering just how fast this car is going to be?! Thanks for posting the results.

The third run looks REALLY quick coming out of the hole. The car just leaves. Now. Amazing!

The car even looks good too! :)

Davy

Thanks Davy, the first two passes had 1.39 60' times and the third pass was a 1.37 60'. Chris told us last night by looking at the data the last pass should been around 8.40 @ 162mph. I am have a few things I am going to change on the car,nothing major, just experimenting. I think and hope we can pick up a few more tenths, I hope. Thanks again Jerry Edited by jnjdragracing

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations John and Jerry on your 5.58 at 130mph in the 1/8th mile and we know there is a lot more left in the car .. Before you run that beast of a Z through the ¼ mile you might want to install a wing ( for the down force ) and a parachute ( to help get her stopped) as mid to low 8’s at 165 to 170mph is right around the corner… It just shows what a lot of hard work , and a little bit of money can do when you guys built it yourselves. Your Z looks great and runs killer fast...Keep up the good work with your Z !!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Edited by 1 QUICK Z

Great job guys! I have had the pleasure of hanging out with these guys (John and Jerry), I have to say their craftsmanship is outstanding. Congratulations guys!

JnJ, does Boatwright still have the silver bullet?

Adam Silver

Congratulations John and Jerry on your 5.58 at 130mph in the 1/8th mile and we know there is a lot more left in the car .. Before you run that beast of a Z through the ¼ mile you might want to install a wing ( for the down force ) and a parachute ( to help get her stopped) as mid to low 8’s at 165 to 170mph is right around the corner… It just shows what a lot of hard work , and a little bit of money can do when you guys built it yourselves. Your Z looks great and runs killer fast...Keep up the good work with your Z !!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks Jon, I am now working on upgrading the brakes, I only plan on running the 1/4 a few times,most of our tracks run 1/8 th only. I will probly put a chute on it in the future. We still have about 10lbs of boost left in reserve and will use it here shortly. I enjoyed talking with you the other day and good luck with tis season. Thanks again Jerry

Great job guys! I have had the pleasure of hanging out with these guys (John and Jerry), I have to say their craftsmanship is outstanding. Congratulations guys!

JnJ, does Boatwright still have the silver bullet?

Adam Silver

Thanks Adam, Boatwright sold his Z , but now he has a twin turbo mustang that goes in the 4's in the 1/8th.You need to stop by sometime. Jerry