HybridZ

G-Nose Headlight Covers

Hi G-nose owners, you may have read my post about making plexi pieces like headlight covers for the 250 GTO replicas in the Body Kits and Paint section of the Forum. I'm an individual and have been making plexi parts for over eight years now and supply several replica makers and restoration shops. I have a form that I think would work on the G-nose light buckets. Would someone be willing to try a test light cover and help me alter the patterns if necessary? My email address is: mclapp5526(at)gmail.dot)com and my phone number is: 816-286-6982. If we can get the shape right, I'll make you a free set for helping me make these available.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Edited by Mark Clapp
  • Like 1

If someone has a pair of G-nose light covers that I could borrow to make patterns from, I'd make you a free set. I would not damage them in any way and would return them in just a few days. That would be the fastest way I could make them available again.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

• 2 weeks later...

David,

I think it make better sense to have you loan a set of your covers since you are closer and can drive them to him to reduce the risk of destroying of them in transit. Since I only have the one set I would like to pass this off to you if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Warren

Mark,

If you still need some, let me know. I have a couple of sets of G-Nose (NIB Nissan and Replica) as well as Standard (NIB Nissan and Replica) light covers.

For what I've seen, the replicas usually have a 'flat spot' in the compound curve on the standard covers, the G-Nose replicas are generally pretty close as they don't have that 'sharp point' that needs good vacuum and good buck to replicate properly.

I travel a lot, so my response would be something that would likely be delayed until I return to the USA to be able to ship to you if necessary.

These are still available in Japan, NIB and in Replica Form.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David (Dsommer), I've been waiting on a pair but I know the guy is a really busy man. I'd like to get these going as a lot of guys are interested. I tried to PM you but the system said you couldn't receive messages. Could I borrow your pair? I wouldn't damage them in any way and will return them in just a few days. My address is: 2501 SW Samuel Lane Lee's Summit, MO 64081. My phone number is: 816-286-6982 and email address: mclapp5526(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks so much,
Mark Clapp

Edited by Mark Clapp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi G-nose Owners, thanks to super car guy Rick Merz and others on the forum, I can now make G-nose headlight covers. The plastic I use is shatter proof and will not crack so rocks/road debris are no problem. Also you do not need special drill bits like for acrylic; any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. I also include L-braces made from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a short distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I've attached some pictures (I've never won a photo contest) to show the terrific clarity and luster of the plastic. I've also included one of my covers on a different car to show the L-braces. I'm asking $189/pair. My email address is: mclapp5526(at)gmail(dot)com and feel free to call me anytime at: 816-286-6982. The pieces are satisfaction guaranteed.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

post-29241-017931400 1344214338_thumb.jpg

post-29241-075391000 1344214363_thumb.jpg

post-29241-041432000 1344214377_thumb.jpg

post-29241-004793100 1344214414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Clapp

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi rnye, I'm not aware of anyone making replica trim rings for the G-nose cars.  I make the headlight covers in OE size to use with trim rings and also with a smaller diameter for a "flush fit" to the light bucket edges if you don't have the rings.  A gasket, such as closed-cell foam tape, could be attached to the inside of the light buckets to help seal the light covers.  Another way would be to use trim or T-seal (like on windshields) to bridge the covers to the body.  I've attached some pictures of my covers fitted with and witout the L-braces that I include if you choose to use them to mount the covers.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

816-286-6982    

post-29241-0-31727100-1359435586_thumb.jpg

post-29241-0-72646600-1359435613_thumb.jpg

post-29241-0-81855000-1359435801_thumb.jpg

post-29241-0-83011000-1359435818_thumb.jpg