HybridZ

Start like a regular car?

MaTTSuN

Nice to hear that you got it started and that it also restarts. If it seems to start differently each time, something is probably worn badly, such as the distributor bearings, and allowing things to change on there own. I don't have any experience with fuel injection or turbos, but I would continue to look at the mechanical parts of the ignition timing if it was my car.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to hear that you got it started and that it also restarts. If it seems to start differently each time, something is probably worn badly, such as the distributor bearings, and allowing things to change on there own. I don't have any experience with fuel injection or turbos, but I would continue to look at the mechanical parts of the ignition timing if it was my car.

My next project after getting it back on the road will prob be EDIS ignition, hoping that might clear things up. "Might"

Looked back over your thread and don't even know what engine you're trying to run with MS2. Is it a stock turbo engine?

You still haven't confirmed timing with a timing light. Confirming the basics will help you out greatly. Changing parts or "upgrading" without understanding the problem rarely works from what I've seen. It just makes things more complicated.

A stock engine with fuel injection should be super easy to get started if all of the basics are correct.

Looked back over your thread and don't even know what engine you're trying to run with MS2. Is it a stock turbo engine?

You still haven't confirmed timing with a timing light. Confirming the basics will help you out greatly. Changing parts or "upgrading" without understanding the problem rarely works from what I've seen. It just makes things more complicated.

A stock engine with fuel injection should be super easy to get started if all of the basics are correct.

My current set up is MS2 with relay board,stock 81 L28Turbo with CAS,stock turbo @9psi,340cc ford injectors,3inch exhaust with Cat,LC1 WB.Large FMIC.

this was stated on page 2

I was looking for my timing light but it looks like its not at my place. So i just played with the setting until it would start fairly fast. My goal at the end of the day is something that starts the same as a regular car. I get lots of compliments on the car and people always look. when it takes a while for it to start it kind of takes the shine off having a classic car.

Like i have stated before im not going to "upgrade" until i get this set up working as good as it can.

Thanks again for your suggestions NewZedpost-675-044100900 1344809576_thumb.jpg

post-675-044100900 1344809576_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well after the grounding wire came off the starter solenoid when i was teaching my girlfriend how to drive manual "she thinks she broke my car when she stalled it" the magivering it to get home. Then after installing a new solenoid. The car has never started so well i guess the weak connection from the starter motor to solenoid was drawing so much power that it was making the ignition hard to spark off 

Well it does feel like a whole new car now :-)

This is true, 

Question # 1  is it plugged in?

I try to keep in simple and start from the start, i do this at work ALL the time but when its my own stuff i revert to my 16 year old self that started from the finish and work his way back with frustration ha well not 100% but you know. 

This adventure makes me want to rewire my whole car, just imagine how everything would work with new wires..... 

But it always brakes down to Time vs Money