HybridZ

Top chop update

• 1 month later...

I suspected I could do my own transmission conversions with what I had already for my Bridgeport! Thanks for that photo Jack. Now to do my 220V Single Phase conversion so I can actually DO the machining on the cases! LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Measured from the top of the roof, height will be around 1.14 metres.

Measured on the flange from bottom door sill is 0.13 metres.

I had to raise my front crossmember, framerails and floor to keep groundclearance.

The painter promised to be finished in three weeks. I cant wait....

Measured from the top of the roof, height will be around 1.14 metres.

Measured on the flange from bottom door sill is 0.13 metres.

I had to raise my front crossmember, framerails and floor to keep groundclearance.

The painter promised to be finished in three weeks. I cant wait....

post-380-0-95687700-1429170691_thumb.jpg

This one is 13' 7" from the back of driver's seat to back door, plus 18~24" of step bumper out back!

Lowered, too!

Edited by Tony D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well Curtball, we all anxiously wait to see your build thread.

Admittedly midgets can have very aggressive shop tops, those of us 5' 9" or taller have practical limitations to how much you can chop a top.

I invite everyone to chop a top. A lot of people have an idea in mind. But to create of modify the metal work of your Z and make it look good, that will be an other story. I had in mind that the finnished car should have the looks like its could be made this way in the factory.

When I read the story of the development of the Z, I found out that the first prototype that was on display in the USA had a lower roof and a flat floor. The average amerikan was too tall for the car and the designer had to raise the roof and in the bodyshop they changed the floor.

When I look to the lines of my car, are they in the right proportion. It is no problem to make an more agressive top chop but you will get more troubles for free. And it is difficult not to create a Quasimodo with ugly lines.

And dont forget this will be my daily driver. With glass and heater and a little comfort.

And at last can anybody show me pics from a finnished chopped Z? Because they are very hard to find.

Greetz Jack