HybridZ

Need info on driveshaft for SR20DEt

shiggy6581

I need to see if anyone has a pretty definitive answer on the correct length to shorten the driveshaft for SR20DET swap. I measured and it looks like about 4", but I keep seeing anywhere from 2-3.25". I have a 260z coupe if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated!

There is no definitive answer. It depends on where you mounted the engine and trans. Measure it 14 times and build it. I mounted mine far enough forward to not remove the hood latch but I don't think that is the most common way.

You can remove the cover/shield on the back of the sr trany for possibly more insertion into the trany. Nothing moves much between the trany and the diff so get it close and you will be good to go. The angle between them is much more important. Make them as equal and opposite as possible or it will make noise.

Completely agree with Logr. Depends on the mounting position, which tranny you're using (KA and SR are different lengths I believe) and what diff you have. You basically set the distance. If you're using a kit, like Mckinney, I believe they can answer your question and they may even supply a driveshaft.

Another route is to just have it towed to a driveshaft shop and let them make you a new one and set up the angles and everything.