HybridZ

HybridZ has spoiled me...

Kali

So im looking to buy a JDM AE86, hopfully a Tureno Hatch, or coupe. I was unable to afford to bring my S30 due to lack of funds at the time. So I'm trying to restore my sanity with another project. 6k for a mint stock AE86 ain't that bad for what i can turn it for back in the states. Anyways so im looking throughout the net, trying to find a forum that would be as helpful as HybridZ, I gotta say I've looked. As much as people argue on this forum about this and that. Its still the most informative car site I have been apart of. I don't post very often only cause like many of you I'm not an engineer, and for those of you that are and put in your .02 i thank you. For those of you that go that extra mile and supply those custom parts that you design and share i owe you my car and my life. Anyways long story short id like to say thank you... Also Does anyone know of a good forum to get info for AE86's?

Kali--what were you quoted to ship your car to Port of LA / Oakland / SEA-TAC / New Orleans / Houston / Bayonne???

It shouldn't have been more than $3500 if you loaded it into a container.

Damn dude, you should have PM'd me, I probably could have hooked you up with a Shipper there... or a lo-cost agent to store the car for a year while you saved up the funds. You could have kept your Z for less than what it's going to run you for the Hachiroku.

sad.gif

Now I'm bummed!

(My S30 was shipped close to 6 months after I left Okinawa, I was actually able to change my shipping point from Bayonne to San Pedro/Port of LA saving about $600 at the time.)

Edited by Tony D

I completely agree. Hybridz is the beez neez! Whenever something comes up with one of my other vehicles or that of friends/family I find my self searching for a related forum that is worth a damn. The Z croud (myself included) often don't know how good we have it here. Makes me want to go donate!

I've been realizing the same thing lately. I just picked up a '93 Rx7 R1 that I plan on swapping in a lt1/t56 setup, and since this is the first non-Z I've ever purchased, I never really ventured out to other car forums for information and research. Norotors.com is the closest thing I've been able to find, but is mediocre at best compared to this site...it clearly showed me how spoiled hybridz has made me.

Edited by zeeboost

I feel the same way, I've been around for over 10 years and don't post that much, mostly because I can find what I'm looking for by just searching the vast amount of info on this site.

Every single time I have had a problem with my Z's (and even other cars) I've always found what I was looking for.

I bought a Hyundai Genesis Coupe last year as a DD and and the genesis coupe forum is horrible.

I love this site and even if I got rid of my Z's (which will never happen) I will still visit this site daily. :P

Hey guys I didn't want to imply that i sold my Z, the car is in storage with a family member. Also parts are still piling up to further the build. Kali will be at about 400rwhp, thats what i like about being station in Japan, the Cost of Living Allowance. Because the dollar is doing not so good i get more dollars to balance that out, B) About 500$ extra a month. Usuaully around ellection time freaking currency bounces like a superball. So from like NOV to MAR i can't buy another car... Damnit! So again i didn't sell my Z, nor will i ever sell my Z. I have prepaired myself to live a very lonely life because of my Z :blink:

Oh because of this site i feel like the smartest man alive!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well when im on other forums :P

So again thank all of you. I am really stingy with my money, though i do wish to donate. After my build with Kali is done. Also if anyone has any possible names for the new AE86 DD project, shout them out. :2thumbs:

Edited by Kali

Also if anyone has any possible names for the new AE86 DD project, shout them out. :2thumbs:

DD eh? Well since "Initial D" starteed the AE86 craze, like Wangan Midnight the Z's, how about reverse things and have "Terminal DD"? Or maybe "Terminal Velocity" with a still of Nastassia Kinski in freefall from the movie of the same name decaled on the door?

DD eh? Well since "Initial D" starteed the AE86 craze, like Wangan Midnight the Z's, how about reverse things and have "Terminal DD"? Or maybe "Terminal Velocity" with a still of Nastassia Kinski in freefall from the movie of the same name decaled on the door?

Sold! Nastassia was one of the names i was thinking of so it must be it.

post-380-033847200 1340189280_thumb.jpg

They do have car lots in Japan that

kind of deal with this kind of stuff...

post-380-026656100 1340189234_thumb.jpg

I can't look at Rocky Auto cars. The cheapest car they have there is 13k. Wish i could buy a car from there though, looked at there site, that BRE Bluebird is SWEET :2thumbs: and i would jump at the chance to buy anyone of those Skylines :hail: