HybridZ

adapter plate

• 2 weeks later...

I built an adaptor plate for my LT1 to Z32 5 speed using a 3/4in aluminum plate. I have a small mill but cutting out the center was a PITA. Bought a late model flywheel out of a 95 Firebird I think, bought several months ago. Will use an earlier push type 10.5 in pressure plate which bolts up and pushes the pressure plate out far enough. A 2005 Xterra pressure plate has the correct input shaft size and is bigger than the stock Z32 disc. Have not bought that yet. My motor is in the car with custom mounts, pushed the trans back about 4-5 inches. Sorry for the lack of exact measurements but I have not worked on the project in 2 months due to other obligations.

The stock Z32 trans may not take a beating but they are cheap around here and I know the turbo trans is good for 600 hp. Spoke to a local Nissan tech that said he has seen the turbo trans handle more than that.

Have the accessories mounted for fitment only, they will get some love before install. They are out of a 95 Capric and will work without mod. Only real custom work is the mounts, oil pan, and had to modify the drivers side header but passenger side fit perfect.

post-29531-024456300 1341501049_thumb.jpg

Has anyone looked into doing a r150/r154 truck and supra trans? These trans are basically the same with different gear ratios and handle tons of torque and power not only that, you can find them for pretty cheap on craigslist. Im in the process of putting a race built r150 built by marlin crawler with a adavaced adapter bellhousing behind my sbc but I'm thinking about just getting rid of the whole thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the LT1 or SBC to stock Z32 trans I made an adaptor plate that will go in my car. I have a buddy that owns a machine shop and has offered to take the measurements off my plate and produce them for me, for a reasonable fee of course. If I thought there was a market for them I might consider doing it. Unless you plan to do drag strip style starts the stock trans will more than strong enough for a 400hp SBC.

Edited by Yellowbird911