3 replies to this topic

#1 redbull z

redbull z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

I bought the headliner and trim replacement kit from MSA and there are no instructions as to taking the trim pieces or the headliner out. The trim pieces seem to be tucked under the weather stripping and the head liner is under the trim pieces. if anuone could help me by telling me how to remove these pieces it would be greatly appreciated.

Current Vehicles:

1976 Datsun 280z (prepping for L28ET swap)

2006 Infiniti G35 M/T Sedan

2004 Buell Lightning XB12S

#2 MidnightRider

MidnightRider

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

You'd probably have better luck under interior
Posted Image

#3 drdiabetezx66x

drdiabetezx66x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationRockaway, NJ

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

I bought the headliner and trim replacement kit from MSA and there are no instructions as to taking the trim pieces or the headliner out. The trim pieces seem to be tucked under the weather stripping and the head liner is under the trim pieces. if anuone could help me by telling me how to remove these pieces it would be greatly appreciated.

I just removed some of the vinyl trim from above the doors and above the windshield so I could get the rubber molded pieces that keep it secured to the top sides. I did this so I can install the pieces in a different car. You have to get the weather stripping off then you can get under the trim pieces. Then go to the end of that piece of trim and there is s rubber "u" shaped piece of rubber that keeps the vinyl pinched to the the car. If you find the end u can simply carefully start pulling it and it will pull the vinyl trim away from the car. Same for all 3 pieces along the top that surround the headliner. Hope that helps. I can take pictures Sunday if not.

Edited by drdiabetezx66x, 09 December 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#4 drdiabetezx66x

drdiabetezx66x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationRockaway, NJ

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

Also bought s new headliner material and did it myself. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users