HybridZ

Where To Get Quality carbon fiber ZG Flares?

Anyone know where I can get some quality carbon fiber ZG flares besides ZCCJDM? The flares are too expensive for me over there and can't afford the $600+ price. I'm positive they are quality but it's just too high for me. I've been hearing about slighly warped flares coming from MSA recently due to their old molds and the only place I can find them are either from Justin (ZForce) or ebay. Justin has the BAMF flares which are too wide for me...I don't know the quality of the ebay ones but most of the time, ebay usually = crap. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks

I bought a set of MSA ones and and was not happy at all with the quality of fit. I decided to try these next:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZG-Flares-/221043388264?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3377366f68&vxp=mtr

A couple people on here have used them with good results and the seller has very positive reviews. They should be coming in on monday so I can post up my impressions once I recieve them if you like.

I can tell you that I ordered some off ebay (from the linked seller) for $120, and I am very happy with the quality. They are so nice that I won't even need to use rubber welting. I did crack one installing it but that was because I installed the riv nut in the wrong place and I was getting angry and not paying attention. It will fix right up with some fiberglass resin. The ebay ones are somehow very nice. Classic Datsun ones are supposed to be awesome too, idk if they make carbon ones or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

RHD Japan.

I just got mine in last night.

I've ordered from two vendors here in the states and returned them both times, fitment was poor. These from RHD, are perfection.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/marugen-shoukai-wide-over-fenders-zg-wide-type-nissan-s30-s31-68595

Get them shipped via EMS (it arrives via USPS), its the cheapest route and only took like 3 or 4 days to arrive once they were made.

Highly recommend these guys.

Glad you posted this. I have been e-mailing them myself and wasn't sure I got the answer I was looking for.

So the link is what you ordered?

And they are standard size ZG's, not extra wide or anything?

So they follow the body lines tightly?

Some pics showing them against the fender would be great!!

Glad you posted this. I have been e-mailing them myself and wasn't sure I got the answer I was looking for.

So the link is what you ordered?

And they are standard size ZG's, not extra wide or anything?

So they follow the body lines tightly?

Some pics showing them against the fender would be great!!

I ordered the standard flares, via the link I posted.

They offer an extra wide rear flares.

The standard flares fit the bodyline like a glove, (the extra wide rears fit really snug as well)

Front: My tape is very weak, but its hanging on there, I could probably align it a little better, this is just for the photo:

p722378174-3.jpgp542484156-3.jpg

Rear: I need to bring the flare a bit forward, otherwise its pretty good.

p686576932-3.jpg

Edited by spitsnaugle

They look good-need to get mine on order!!

And RHD was great on their service. Highly recommend, its really worth the extra bit of money for the quality. Pay via paypal and it converts the currency for you.

You might mention to them your from the hybridz.org forum and maybe my name.

And RHD was great on their service. Highly recommend, its really worth the extra bit of money for the quality. Pay via paypal and it converts the currency for you.

You might mention to them your from the hybridz.org forum and maybe my name.

Thanks for the info, those look great. A little more money than MSA or the like but if they fit that much better they're well worth it.

• 1 month later...

does anybody have pictures of the ebay ones from jendosa619?? I read of people ordering them, but none have posted pictures. Please post some if you did order and receive them. thanks!

I've ordered two sets of flares from ebay, one from a member "specialcarbonfiber" and another set from "jendosa619"

jendosa619 was definitely the better of the two sets, it fit reasonably decent to the car. But was not the quite quality I wanted to I sold/returned them (as I did with set from specialcarbonfiber too). You get what you pay for so I bought from RHD/MARUGEN SHOUKAI.

My ebay flare thread

Photos of jendosa619 fronts: (sorry never took any of the rears)

http://print.spitsnaugle.com/img/s11/v34/p379796154-5.jpg

http://print.spitsnaugle.com/img/s3/v38/p899158509-6.jpg

I never took any photos of the specialcarbonfiber ones, they were so bad I just immediately returned them. They would of fit better mounted to my perfectly-flat concrete floor than my car.

does anybody have pictures of the ebay ones from jendosa619?? I read of people ordering them, but none have posted pictures. Please post some if you did order and receive them. thanks!

Sorry for the instagay picture and link (on my iphone) but here's a test fit of mine.

I recently finished that quarter panel, i gotta order some longer bolts for it, but i'll post some good pictures soon. These are ebay flares, and I will not be using welting of any kind, they don't need it. The only problem i've had is that I cracked one of them, i might add another layer of glass to them to reinforce them, haven't done any glass work before so i'll have to learn how to do that. Overall i'm really happy with them.

I've ordered two sets of flares from ebay, one from a member "specialcarbonfiber" and another set from "jendosa619"

jendosa619 was definitely the better of the two sets, it fit reasonably decent to the car. But was not the quite quality I wanted to I sold/returned them (as I did with set from specialcarbonfiber too). You get what you pay for so I bought from RHD/MARUGEN SHOUKAI.

My ebay flare thread

Photos of jendosa619 fronts: (sorry never took any of the rears)

http://print.spitsnaugle.com/img/s11/v34/p379796154-5.jpg

http://print.spitsnaugle.com/img/s3/v38/p899158509-6.jpg

I never took any photos of the specialcarbonfiber ones, they were so bad I just immediately returned them. They would of fit better mounted to my perfectly-flat concrete floor than my car.

Cool. thanks for the info. I only need the rears right now, so i dont think the RHDJAPAN ones will do for me. Dont think anyone would want to split the costs. I might go ahead and use the Jendosa(ebay)ones and see how they work.

Sorry for the instagay picture and link (on my iphone) but here's a test fit of mine.

I recently finished that quarter panel, i gotta order some longer bolts for it, but i'll post some good pictures soon. These are ebay flares, and I will not be using welting of any kind, they don't need it. The only problem i've had is that I cracked one of them, i might add another layer of glass to them to reinforce them, haven't done any glass work before so i'll have to learn how to do that. Overall i'm really happy with them.

Awesome pics. So your fenders are the ebay( jendosa619) fenders, im assuming? They look reasonable, i just might go ahead and pick those up.

ive been trying to find a pair locally, but no one has been responding to me. zstore out in orange,ca cant get a pair in stock for about 8 weeks and justin from zforceproductions has not returned any messages. Anybody know whats going on with him? I know that we arent supposed to bring up his name on the forums anymore, but since i will be dealing locally, it might not be a long shot to try and do business with him.

thanks for the help guys!

Awesome pics. So your fenders are the ebay( jendosa619) fenders, im assuming? They look reasonable, i just might go ahead and pick those up.

ive been trying to find a pair locally, but no one has been responding to me. zstore out in orange,ca cant get a pair in stock for about 8 weeks and justin from zforceproductions has not returned any messages. Anybody know whats going on with him? I know that we arent supposed to bring up his name on the forums anymore, but since i will be dealing locally, it might not be a long shot to try and do business with him.

thanks for the help guys!

Yes I got them on ebay, but from a user called "Jendosa1" who apprently isn't selling anything anymore. Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same ones your referring to. I'm not sure what the deal is, I ordered a G nose from Justin and it was here (northern california) less than 2 weeks later. He is bad with communication, it's his second job.

Anyways I'm very happy with my flares, I wasn't expecting all that much out of them but they seem to be great!

• 4 weeks later...