HybridZ

thinking about megasquirt

taylor76zharris

Okay ill see if i can post my msq as soon as i get home

Did you verify that Q16 is there? Take an ohm meter and ohm pin 7 on the 40 pin cpu socket to the left pin on the bip373. You should have 330 ohms if D14 is your spark output(preferred). You can also ohm the middle pin to the coil neg. and the right pin to ground while you're in there.

The middle pin of bib373 to coil neg? should i get the same ohm rating of 330?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was confused on this a bit. B/W and G/B both have a 12v supply but the G/B wires 12v supply has a 1k 1/4 watt resistor in it? Why is this needed?

Pull up resistor gives you a path to power the optical circuit inside the dizzy and limits the current to the optical diode inside the dizzy so you don't melt it.  You can put the resistor inside the ECU.

okay. Ive been doing lots of reading on drop resistors latley and i think im finally understanding what there for. Yes, it was set on going high inverted but my dwell setting may have been wrong. What should my dwell be set at? Im using the stock coil and a stock 83 turbo dizzy.

I cant remember what my dwell was set at, its been so long.

Okay, i think mine was set at 9 for some reason.

Yeah i was getting an rpm signal when i was cranking and i know i had fuel. The coil just wasnt releasing a spark i think, even though it had power to it.

I really need to get the system wired back in the car. Ive learned all on here in the off season.

lol. I hope mine did!

Alright ive almost got it all wired in again but one thing i noticed is on the megasquirt unit there is a bar map sensor inside. Do i connect a vacuum line to it? I did not realize this the first install but it has a nipple on it and theres a hole on the side of the megasquirt ecu.

Yes, A source from your intake manifold.

lol. I hope mine did!

Alright ive almost got it all wired in again but one thing i noticed is on the megasquirt unit there is a bar map sensor inside. Do i connect a vacuum line to it? I did not realize this the first install but it has a nipple on it and theres a hole on the side of the megasquirt ecu.

Alright awesome. There were a few things i overlooked the first go of this install, so i think ive got everthing corrected.

one thing that is concerning to me now is wiring the 12v drop resistor. I dont want to splice into the wire because i dont want to chance it shorting on the shielding or another wire in the shroud. Whats the best way to go about wiring it in? Where should i connect it?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I do now yes, just at 200 RPM. I still have no spark.

Im pretty sure everything is set how it should be. Im using direct coil control and my board is set up with all the proper jumpers per DIYautotune for direct coil control. 

All that can leave is the coil, ive got the +12v and the - to pin 36. the coil is getting power however, megasquirt isnt able to finish the circuit somewhere and release a charge.