HybridZ

Is the 1jzgte shorter than a 2jz

Snailed

I plan on installing a non vvti 1jzgte in my Z but I may be able to use a 2jzgte to mock up my driveline angle so I can keep building as I save up for the swap.

I read on supra forums that the crank centerline to deck on the 1jz is about 30mm shorter than the 2jz which makes sense and by pictures looks about right. Other factors would be head and valve cover height. Anyone have a non vvti 1jzgte they could measure for me? I'm concerned with hood clearance as I will probably have the engine mounted 2-4" higher than the typical 1jzgte in a 204z and would like to avoid modifying the hood if at all possible.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

I believe the 1jz is about 1/2 an inch (14mm) shorter than the 2jz

ok, so the head and valvecover on the 1jz may be about 1/2" taller than the 2jz? Here is a picture of the two side by side. Looks like slightly over an inch, no?

post-11686-058654200 1343168812_thumb.jpg

I don't know for sure, that's just what I have seen documented. ( in te how to guide sticky on this forum. He mentions a 14mm height difference

Te difference in stroke is only 14.5mm, I doubt they would add almost double that again to the height of the block

I think the 2jz rods are also 17.2-17.7mm longer so that's 31+ mm taller from deck to crank center including the longer stroke crank.

I would expect the valve cover and head heights to be different too... If I can get within 5mm or so that would be fine for what I'm trying to do.