HybridZ

~73 Turbo L28 to N/A RB25 240z Project~

Just needs to move the wire from the one side to the other on the temp sensor. Looks good.

Yeah I had to extend it and run it back around. For the record a head temp sensor can't be used in place of a coolant temp sensor. I read multiple times on the web where people claim they can be interchanged. Well they cant, the HTS swivels around and has a small gap where coolant will leak out. I'm glad I noticed a couple drips before I actually started it up.

I realized the tps and oil pump are still from a 280z too so I ordered the proper parts. This car would have been so much easier and cheaper to just go back to n/a!

The TPS should be the same, as it is just a switch for idle. I had to swap it out for an actual rheostat from a more modern Nissan to get Mrgasquirt working. Of course Megaquirt can also use a MAP sensor to do the same task as the TPS.

Is there a coolant temp sensor that reads the same as the CHTS? I would have to look at the resistance from it vs. other sensors. Oil pump is different, but its work this far.

The TPS should be the same, as it is just a switch for idle. I had to swap it out for an actual rheostat from a more modern Nissan to get Mrgasquirt working. Of course Megaquirt can also use a MAP sensor to do the same task as the TPS.

Is there a coolant temp sensor that reads the same as the CHTS? I would have to look at the resistance from it vs. other sensors. Oil pump is different, but its work this far.

I was reading somewhere that the newer tps was required for proper idle and what not and sure enough it has a different part number. If it doesn't matter oh well at least I have a spare.

Apparently the CHTS and CTS will read the same, which is why most people think they can be interchanged. A cts would probably work in the head since it's a dry hole, chts wont work in a wet hole due to the swivel action.

As far as the oil pump goes, the last thing I want to do is get the car running good only to blow the motor due to oil starvation. I got the higher flow model just for some piece of mind. Now I'm looking at the injectors which I'm sure are from a 280z. Going to have to buy some injectors now!

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

Here's the Treadstone intercooler. I couldn't run the pipes as short as I originally wanted but I'm really happy with it. I know what your thinking..it's so small! It's 3" thick and rated for 500hp. I plan on running a very conservative set up and this should be just fine for my goals. Looks very Mad Max :icon54:

IMG_5757_zps31f4cb3e.jpg

Glad its running. Hope you get it driving good soon.

Yeah me too! As of right now it's got a hard time starting cold. Idle will be hovering around 500 and gas will nearly kill it. If I give it a little gas and build up boost then let off the idle will be normal and will rev freely. When driving it will be smooth for awhile then while building a little boost it will start choking and won't build any boost. The timing has been set, vac reads 10, max boost is 5psi.

Well went to try and start it today and wouldn't hold idle at all. I decided to unplug the temp sensor and bam started right up. Took it for a drive and the thing ran great. I put about ten miles on it without a single hiccup. Super happy!

Here's a little sneak peak at the new IC piping. Got rid of the ebay BOV for a Turbo XS RFL. It's really ******* loud..but in a good way.

IMG_5797_zpsb95a4e33.jpg

Sounds like the temp sensor has a different calibration than the CHTS.

My car idles a little rough on warmup, bit the Megasquirt compensates by adjusting timing while cold, which bumps up idle. So, when are you going to cruise to SD? Haha. On a side note, boost controller soon.....

Yep, danm interweb.

The only thing I see keeping me from a long drive is my lack of a 5th gear hah. I think once I get the actual turbo injectors put in then an mbc will be in order. 5 psi is still fun though hehe

Looks great man!  Can I ask what mirrors you have on there?  They look like Vitaloni Baby Turbo's with a CF wrap on them?  Also how is the visibility with the mirrors?

Thanks, I believe they are Vitaloni baby turbos..and someone wrapped them in carbon fiber. I put in new door weather striping on the driver side and have to slam the door now to shut it completely which in turn throws off the mirror position so I have to adjust it every time I drive. I'm sure there's a way to tighten it but I haven't gotten around to messing with it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

... I put in new door weather striping on the driver side and have to slam the door now to shut it completely which in turn throws off the mirror position so I have to adjust it every time I drive. I'm sure there's a way to tighten it but I haven't gotten around to messing with it yet.

I've heard of people running a ratchet strap between both doors to pull them in tight in the hot summer sun to help compress new weather stripping. 

Car looks EXCELLENT! You don't see too many black Zs out there, and your's looks great!

Were are you at on your ride height adjustment?

Edited by cockerstar