HybridZ

~73 Turbo L28 to N/A RB25 240z Project~

I've heard of people running a ratchet strap between both doors to pull them in tight in the hot summer sun to help compress new weather stripping.

Car looks EXCELLENT! You don't see too many black Zs out there, and your's looks great!

Were are you at on your ride height adjustment?

Thanks man, I'm still in the process of getting the height adjusted, the struts are set at 3. The ride is great, comfortable but handles when it needs to. Thanks again for the custom work!

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

• 2 weeks later...

I was missing the glove box when I bought the car so I got one from a 280z, they don't fit without some trimming. I feel better having a hard plastic box rather than the thin paper thing that 240's had originally had.

IMG_5949_zps1c379968.jpg

My crank pulley had a 3rd row bolted to it for a/c or possibly an emissions pump? Took off this 3lb paper weight.

IMG_5955_zps868bdd18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your Z. Are you out of the SR20 game completely now?

Its been a few years since I've had an SR20 car. I bought a convertible 240sx a year and a half ago, had some fun with that, turbo charged, then put it back to stock and traded for the Z.

Mine is nothing to look at, just working on getting it running right for now.

Well it's been slow going lately. Just been enjoying driving around. I installed the period correct arm rest and it's so nice to have something to rest your arm on! In the process of putting the stock radio in, as far as function goes it's just going to lite up when the rest of the interior lights come on. There are no speakers anyway so it's just for looks. If I ever go on a long drive Ill just bring an ipod.

I also intend to change out the boost gauge for one that fills the hole better and will have green back lighting to match the other gauges. Can't wait to get a steering wheel too!

IMG_6007_zpsf9e1726e.jpg

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

Car looks great! Always followed your cars when you were on the SR forum. Liked the RB build on the 71 as well. Again, looks awesome! 

Thanks man! Glad to see you made it over here :icon47:

Both you guys suck. :P

Now I'm gonna track down Serban.

Knuckles you always do things so thoroughly.

Well it's been slow going lately. Just been enjoying driving around. I installed the period correct arm rest and it's so nice to have something to rest your arm on! In the process of putting the stock radio in, as far as function goes it's just going to lite up when the rest of the interior lights come on. There are no speakers anyway so it's just for looks. If I ever go on a long drive Ill just bring an ipod.

I also intend to change out the boost gauge for one that fills the hole better and will have green back lighting to match the other gauges. Can't wait to get a steering wheel too!

IMG_6007_zpsf9e1726e.jpg

What are you doing with the current steering whel?

What are you doing with the current steering wheel?

Not sure if I'll keep it or not. It will be a little while before  get around to replacing it though. The wheel I want is going to be pushing 400 bucks once I get the hub and adapter, and I've got a bunch of other things that need attention first. If you want it I can let you know first..

I'm in the same boat. My wheel is just trashed. I have a nice suede momo wheel, but need an adapter. Not sure what will cost less, a better condition stock wheel or a new hub.

From what I've seen you can get the stock steering wheels for cheap, it's the horn buttons that are worth more. You should probably just get the hub, they go for 80-90 new. Plus the 240z wheel is danm near pencil thin. If it wasn't for that I would just keep it OG. I'm thinking of going with a deep corn nardi wood wheel with polished spokes.