HybridZ

~73 Turbo L28 to N/A RB25 240z Project~

Have you figured out what you want to do about the speedo sensor? I verified through the your wiring that it doesnt have a speed sensor like I was talking about earlier. That gauage looks good though. I bet the autometer gauge might have a way to drive it via a coupl magnets on the driveshaft or something.

Have you figured out what you want to do about the speedo sensor? I verified through the your wiring that it doesnt have a speed sensor like I was talking about earlier. That gauage looks good though. I bet the autometer gauge might have a way to drive it via a coupl magnets on the driveshaft or something.

Not sure yet, speedhut sells speedos that read off gps but I don't like the idea of running two different looking gauges and not sure if they can be fitted into the stock housing like the autometers. I didn't have a working speedo with my last rb and it didn't bother me. You tend to pay more attention to the drive rather than constantly checking if your following the rules haha. The cops are pretty low key in my area too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With my last RB Z I never had to touch the oil pan and it was stock so I can only assume it was the hard to find OEM rear sump pan. After looking at the expensive Mckinney pan and the cheap looking CXRacing I found what looks like a good middle ground. The enjuku racing pan w/ pick-up. http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/rb25det-rb20det-s30-z31-rear-sump-oil-pan.html

Anyone have any other options to throw out there or opinions on the enjuku? I'm not really looking to have a shop fab something up.

In my boredom yesterday I made an air inlet for the future intake. My previous RB responded better to a short ram style intake over a cold air type. Ill eventually have some sort of pipe or air deflector to direct the air to the filter. The inlet used was from a Nissan Titan oem air box and it was able to bolt it right to the radiator support using the pre-existing holes.

gallery_2013_1393_163228.jpg

gallery_2013_1393_230476.jpg

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...