HybridZ

Interest for a Z car club north of Dallas, TX?

78zstyle

Theres currently two (that I know of) z car clubs in the DFW area, Cowtown Z and Z Car Club of Texas but they are all in dallas and cowtown is in the fort worth area. I've been contemplating starting a Z club for the area north of Dallas. Personally in my family we have five z cars (71 240z, 81 280zx, 82 280zx, 2x 83 280zx), we live in Lake Dallas and would be looking to have members from Denton to Carrollton. I'm not really sure of the Z car population in these areas, but if you live around there let me know.

I have a garage queen in Keller and drive my 521 truck in Arlington. Work takes me out towards Granbury and up 35 to Sanger a lot. Looks like an old Chevy Luv or Toyota pickup however the only real distinction that it's a Datsun is that nasty baby blue "datsun blue" whatever you want to call it lol

I have a garage queen in Keller and drive my 521 truck in Arlington. Work takes me out towards Granbury and up 35 to Sanger a lot. Looks like an old Chevy Luv or Toyota pickup however the only real distinction that it's a Datsun is that nasty baby blue "datsun blue" whatever you want to call it lol

Nice, so far I've found a couple people "interested"

It was 80 today. Nice.

Man, its been REALLY nice out the past few days, even raining. Hows jersey?

Weather has been incredible. Have not had ANY time lately between call at the hospital and the baby. Exhaust still needs to be finished, and safety inspection done

Tsk tsk. So I figured out the rattle on decel in my rearend was loose driveshaft bolts, like, really loose. On top of that, a rattle in the front drivers side turned out to be a loose bolt that goes from the hub to the control arm. I suck, its a wonder im still alive.

Good news is that my 2mm cosmetic MLS and ARP head studs are in. My dad is redoing my fan wiring, and will also wire up my HEI module for spark control. It should be done this saturday and running again. Can't wait.

Theres currently two (that I know of) z car clubs in the DFW area, Cowtown Z and Z Car Club of Texas but they are all in dallas and cowtown is in the fort worth area. I've been contemplating starting a Z club for the area north of Dallas. Personally in my family we have five z cars (71 240z, 81 280zx, 82 280zx, 2x 83 280zx), we live in Lake Dallas and would be looking to have members from Denton to Carrollton. I'm not really sure of the Z car population in these areas, but if you live around there let me know.

Cowtown meets in Mansfield, and the ZCot meets in N Plano. Between the two clubs there are probably 500 members, but only 100 or two that are active. Both clubs are ZCCA members. Have you been to any meetings?

Cowtown meets in Mansfield, and the ZCot meets in N Plano. Between the two clubs there are probably 500 members, but only 100 or two that are active. Both clubs are ZCCA members. Have you been to any meetings?

Yeah, me and my dad show up to the cowtown ones usually (Rod and Scott) but its a bit of a drive for us.

Oh I think I know your dad Rod. I recently bought a KA tranny and a dead 5 speed from him, yah?

Yeah that was him. You need more stuff let me know, ill let it go for basically free.

Going to check out the Z club here this weekend. They don't have meetings during the winter....

Lawl, rear wheel drive light Z's dont do well in the snow, I know :(

If my pickup could tow a trailer, I'd tow it up to you! Planning on road tripping in January. Finally fixed all my exhaust leaks, tranny leaks, fixing to add sound deadner, carpet, radio. Everything will be practically new except for the terrible paint and body.

Doesn't mean it will be able to haul my fat ass up some Tennessee mountains though. <_<

But for real, when it gets closer if you need me to bring stuff up that can fit in the back of the truck, that's fine with me. I usually go through the Rockaway Township/Caldwell area.

We're going to need a good spare tire I suspect.

k4zb81.jpg

I feel bad for you, not being able to bring your Z. At least it gets a garage to stay in. Oh yah and notice this depressing moment:

svlvfk.jpg

I was so excited to see if it would fit. Have to cut my fuel rail supports shorter and tap them again. :( I'm going to write your name, right beside the throttle linkage when I'm done.

Edited by josh817

• 1 year later...

Denton here, finally came back to the Z family and would love to meet some fellow Z owners and turn some wrenches on the weekend.

Clucker, dreco, from the looks of things this thread was last replied to in 2012, so it may be up to us to just network and meet up.   I will PM you both.