HybridZ

red rocket 280zx build

redzedturbo

Well got the clutch and flywheel off thanks to my uncle and his over priced cornwell cordless lithium impact wrench!! the rear main seal has been installed with little effort so i though well im here change the pilot bearing because i could not get the old one out when the xtd clutch went in like 4 years ago. With the right tool it was an easy task to remove it and install a new one. I could not find my clutch alignment tool agghhhhh so i called orielly's and ordered a clutch kit and then went to pick it up today and when i got there the guy at the counter went to the back got the clutch kit brought it out to me. I proceeded to open it and removed the alignment tool and told him i would bring it back in the morning and then he could send the clutch kit back to the hub because i dont need it lol. The look he shot me was pure amazement i maintained my composer until i got into my car then proceeded to laugh hard!!! hopefully i can find time to reinstall the tranny in a few days. Till then guys!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooohoooo she is back!!!! I got some new 10.9 m8x1.25 by 16mm long flanged head bolts nine of them to be exact to replace the (6) 8.8 bolts for the pressure plate. Me and Xnke put the trans back in and installed the aluuminum xterra yoked cop car hybrid driveshaft with new nissan driveshaft bolts. Also the circlips i dug out of the open diff are installed in the obx diff. We used a socket with an extension to drive them in the axle holes till they fell into the groove in the obx, then reinstalled the axles. Now everything is smooth as silk no noise no vibration nothing. videos soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guys the old red rocket has been running good the z32 gear bag has been smooth and holding up. The obx diff is working beautiful twin stripes everywhere i roll them up. I got a secret xnke and i have been keeping hahahaaaa. The ported head and intake AND p90 supercharger setup is going to end up on my zx!!! Ahhh dont remove the turbo you say?Well guess what im not instead a larger one in its place to force feed the inlet of the supercharger.......yes i said it TWINCHARGED suckers!!! Im starting a mild 5.3 swap into a 77 4 door caprice to daily. There after full stupid effort full nasty full twin noise makers for my weekend toy. Lancia did it long ago but those cars rust faster than our datsuns so this is the next best thing.

• 1 month later...