HybridZ

Gas tank

Newbie this forum . Resurrecting a 75 280z and need some help with help with a gas tank. The previous owner started cutting out the spare tire well. It's

Pretty rusty also. Choices of repairing and then finding the right tank or continue the cut out and going with a different tank. I've seen so have used a tank from

A camaro. Any ideas will be appreciated

Newbie this forum . Resurrecting a 75 280z and need some help with help with a gas tank. The previous owner started cutting out the spare tire well. It's

Pretty rusty also. Choices of repairing and then finding the right tank or continue the cut out and going with a different tank. I've seen so have used a tank from

A camaro. Any ideas will be appreciated

You may be in luck. I'm cutting up a 78 280. Picked it up for a few pieces, the tank and spare tire are not parts I intend to keep. I'll be happy to cut out whatever you need and send it to you (for the cost of shipping, of course).

You may be in luck. I'm cutting up a 78 280. Picked it up for a few pieces, the tank and spare tire are not parts I intend to keep. I'll be happy to cut out whatever you need and send it to you (for the cost of shipping, of course).

Thanks for the offer. I'm leaning more to finish the cut out and going with something else. The more I dig into the body I see more rust so I'll be doing allot of cutting and welding so may just go with camaro or something like that. The next big missing item is the dash....

If you're going to continue the Spare tirewell delete, then you can fit a tank from a Mini Cooper (internally baffled and internal fuel pump) then you'll have space on both sides to run dual exhaust. (I think the cooper tank is only 11.6 gal tho)

Thanks haven't heard of that one before

A 75 tank is completely different shape than a 78 tank, and I believe the mounting of them. Can they be made to swap.... that's the trick I suppose. smile.gif

Good to know. I barely have a functioning knowledge of the 240s, much less the differences between them and the 260/280s. The more I learn, the more I'm surprised is different.