HybridZ

Security light problem..

Datz350

I bought a 85 300zx from a friend for 300. It would crank but not start. I checked the ecu for codes following the steps. After I pulled the codes I go to try and start it again and as soon as I turn the key to crank everything shuts off. I disconnect the battery for about 30sec. then go in to try again. I noticed the security light is blinking, I turn the key to accesories and everything seems normal, then I turn the key to start the car and everything shuts off and will not come back on unless I disconnect the battery... What's going on?

Its not related to the security system at all, the car won't even crank when the security system is armed. The security light flashes because one of the door/hood/hatch switches is bad. Two completely seperate issues, the light flashing just means it won't be able to arm. Sounds to me like its a connection with the battery cable and when you try to crank it over its losing connection, then once you mess with the connection again it has the connection back for a bit.

Thanks for the help, brother. Problem ended up being bad battery cables and stuck starter. Finally got it started. Now I have fuel leaking from the top of the gas tank. I'm thinking one of the fuel lines is busted. Will be dropping the tank this sunday.

• 6 months later...