HybridZ

1980 280zx

CaptainJoe87

No, I painted the car with krylon primer paint 2 in 1 flat black. After using the plasti dip I am.thinking.about using it for the whole car. I took the bumpers off a few weeks ago but I have concidered plasti dipping them and seeing how they would look back on the car.

Since I got my refund for the floor pans, my budget for coilovers has grown to about $500-600ish. Anyone have any suggestions of decent brands to go with or should I save a little more?

I would save another couple hundred and go with some used Stance coilovers. Then again I got my Kei office coilovers for about $500, but they are old (not blown though).

In the $600 price range you could easily find some megans or something though. Up to you. 

All good. The plasti dip glossifyer looks pretty good. You paint it over the matte paints to make them shiny. Not sure if ill go that route, but the flat black looks nice. I would recommend getting the gallons and a sprayer as opposed to rattle can plasti dipping the whole car. The ones I've seen all rattle canned look like poop. Hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I thought so too. I did not roll the fenders and shouldn't need to but I probably will just to be safe. I took it for a drive and learned that I might have a steering issue. When I stopped at the gas station my passenger side front tire was all chewed up from the fender, but it was the only one. When I looked at it the wheel was tilted out a little bit when the other one was still straight. I hit a curb playing in the snow a while back and never noticed it till now. Good thing is I haven't driven it much. So, I've gotta jack it up and see if it is something I can fix myself or if its something I need to take to a shop. 

Not camber, I'd be fine with a bit of camber. Tilted out as in the drivers wheel is straight and the passengers wheel is pointed slightly to the right. The car pulls to the right a bit but every now and then it drives straight which is leading me to believe I broke something. So, I'm gonna jack it up and check things out. If I can't see anything I'm going to take it to a shop once the frame is done.

You have toe. That's not good. I bet the mount for your control arm is bent, if not the frame. I'd try a new crossmember if possible. Toe destroy tires 100x faster than camber. I had it on my 260z after one of my wheels fell off from someone trying to steal them. My tires lasted like 3 months.

• 1 month later...

i have it in the shop right now getting the frame and floors fixed. When I get it back im planning on going with EMUSA coilovers for s13 with adjustable dampers, only $550 and going through the front end to see if I cant fix the issues while I have it all pulled apart. That's the plan for now.