HybridZ

The $101,000 260?

str8pipez

You think the place selling this car would have done a little bit more digging to get some more information on the car. Im sure they could find the shop that did the work or something. Expecting to sell a car for 30k+ when you can't give a single bit of info on the car is a stretch. And the people saying that isn't a 100k car, well duh. I can tell yal right now my Z probably isn't worth half of what I've put into it, and I think most "car guys" can say the same thing about most of their vehicles. Unless you are restoring something with the sole intention of selling it, your probably going to lose money on any car you put money into. It is a good looking car though

-Will

Ok no way would I pay 100k for a resto with SR20 mod. Yeah sure it's nice looking. Yes restoring these cars takes lots of time. But the last couple S30's that sold for 50k+ were originals. One original Scarab, and a awesome looking 432. Understandable, hell I was offered 25k for my S30 from a guy in here in Japan. I said no of coarse, I've put way to much time into her. Though my car is nothing to boast about.

It's a beautifully done car. I can completely believe that if someone brought me a plan jane 40 year old car and told me to make it perfect that my bill would be about that. Some people have money and don't care what something costs. Of course I have no idea what that's like.

Frankly, in Europe most first rate restorations cost that much in Euros... If not more.I know of at least two 240's in continental Europe with a bill at €150,000...

The rolling race chassis go for €75,000 and up.

They do not cut corners!

Frankly, in Europe most first rate restorations cost that much in Euros... If not more.I know of at least two 240's in continental Europe with a bill at €150,000...

The rolling race chassis go for €75,000 and up.

They do not cut corners!

I wish we had more people here that wanted (to pay for) that kind of quality restoration work. I hear New Zealand is like that too.

Most places are... Automotive ownership in the USA is very cheap, and many now buy " bottom feeder cars" - no real appreciation for the CAR, just what they can get at the cheapest price whatsoever. Labor costs and parts costs are much higher in these places (the €75,000 chassis I mention had 400 hours in it, do the math to anyplace here in the USA and there's a labor cost for you!) so accordingly the finished product price is as well.

Really the people who can afford to have cars there are much better off than in the US, and usually have the means to attend to a classic properly. Wether that be a concours resto, or hybrid build. When I'm in SE Asia talking with Z Enthusiasts, in most places I'm conversing with Military Generals (Indonesia), or guys who's other cars are Ferraris or Bentley Turbo-R's (Japan)!

Closest to US style "everyman" owners is Australia or, oddly enough, Malaysia/Philippines from what I've experienced. Just getting into it in Thailand... There are Datsun Lovers there, I've seen them! And I already bought a 20' Container and had it placed where I can store treasure finds!