HybridZ

More Advice: Compression Check on Lexus motor

JSM

Before I go through all the hassle of installing my JY motor into my lexus, I wanted to do a real compression check because I had to pull the transmission which I hadn't planned on.

Two questions:

1. Do I have to have oil in the motor to do a "safe" compression check? Safe for the engine itself, not the check.

2. Any harm in have the transmission fluid drained? Or should I just leave the torque converter unbolted from the flywheel?

I figured before installing the motor, it would be smartest to know before I install. I'm just a cheap skate and would rather save the oil. Maybe I should install the oil and just leave it in the motor.

Good grief man, yes you need the oil, why on earth would you turn over an engine without lubrication in it? If you are so cheap that you can't buy some 1 dollar Walmart oil the. Just leave it in there unless you plan on turning the motor upslidedown. Good luck with the uz swap btw.

Good grief man, yes you need the oil, why on earth would you turn over an engine without lubrication in it? If you are so cheap that you can't buy some 1 dollar Walmart oil the. Just leave it in there unless you plan on turning the motor upslidedown. Good luck with the uz swap btw.

LOL, I know but I'm not starting it. Neve done anything like this before so I figured I'd ask.

Edited by JSM