HybridZ

first three cylinders on fuel rail fillin full of fuel and wont start

Zbiker

hey guys got a 90 z32 tt with new 58 mm throttle bodys and egr delete, coolant lines bypassed and such... now that its done the damn thing wont start back up. the whole left bank side of the motor is floodin with gas and fillin the cylinders up to the point that it locks the motor down before it can fully catch fire. anyone have any ideas whats happenin? i also changed the fuel pressure reulator. ive been told that i need to change the MAF sensor because of the upgraded throttle bodys, but idk. any help would be greatly appretiated.

Edited by Zbiker

Sounds like an injector driver in the ECU blew out, and is turning on 1 bank of injectors continuously. Unless you have a short in your injector harness.

i also have an eprom chip and socket to solder into my ecu... i just havent done it yet... i wanted to get the car started first... i was changing the injectors with a buddy and he dropped a washer into the intake and i had to tear it down to the heads. so while i had the motor pulled to remove the injector washer that was now sittin on top of the piston... and is non magnetic, i ground out the intake plennum put 58mm throttle bodys on and deleted the egr system.the only other thing i can think it could be would be that eprom chip might be neccisary in order to deal with the new injectors... it hasent ran since i put the new injectors in... the olds ones were fine before the injector swap, so im wonderin if it could be a leakin seal causing gas to constantly be pourin into the cylinders... or mabey pinched o rings or somthing.

Injector seals sound unlikely, they just seal the manifold from air leaks -- all the fuel enters the injector body from the rail.

Is it possible you accidentally shorted your injector harness? That could blow out the ECU injector driver. The fact that it is an entire bank tells me it's the ECU.

What is the resistance of the old injectors? Are they high impedance? If they are, and your new ones are low impedance, you could have burned out the ECU without proper current limiting resistors.

im honestly not sure what the resistance is... i was told like 2 3 years ago by a guy who was onna change the injectors and put the eprom chip in for me... he even was the one to order them.i had larger injectors allready but one went out... i had this new set and the chip already and was about to have to change them anyways. i was broke at the time and asked him just to change the one out that was bad to save labor and he said that it would still run if we changed one cause they arent that much bgger but we couldnt change them all anyways without putting in the chip. but he didnt elaborate on why... im really hoping the ecu is fine... and the harness is fine deffinatly not shorted